Sennheiser HD 558 vs ath m50
Jun 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

madhav

New Head-Fier
I am a noob at this and this is gonna be my first buy for a proper headphone. I am mostly buying it to watch movies on my laptop and listening to music. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 6
i dont listin to much electronic music and i dont find sound leakage a problem if people are being noisy i can turn up the volume and any leakage from the headphones themselves is only heard at volumes louder then i usualy listen

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Both headphones are usually easy to find in stores nearby... any chance you could try them in person? The M50's are a little more engaging, 558's should be more natural and warm. I've heard the M50's and I'm listening to 598's right now... I think I'd like the 558's the most personally. I generally think one should go for open headphones over closed for home/non-portable use because there's less resonance issues, better soundstage, and you can hear when someone walks in the room or whatever. You can't go wrong with either. The 558 at ~$40 cheaper makes a lot of sense too. What do you listen to, and at what volume levels? The M50's sound better for quiet listeners because of the way the ear works.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 6
  I am a noob at this and this is gonna be my first buy for a proper headphone. I am mostly buying it to watch movies on my laptop and listening to music. 

The ATH-M50s will offer a lot more bass then the HD558s, over wise I would think the HD558s win in the other categories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back