Sennheiser hd-555 cheap for Canadians
Feb 2, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 14
My first pair full size headphone were HD555s. I bought them at Nov, 2008 for 139CND from NCIX, and I sold them in one month.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 14
Not worth $195 IMO and can be had cheaper but thanks for the post.

BTW NCIX has some pretty aggressive prices for Sennheiser gear as has been mentioned. I talked with a represenetative from Sennheiser recently on the phone and it appears NCIX is one of their bigger resellers to boot and fully legit. I just ordered a pair of IE8 from them for $350 which is a good price from an authorized reseller in Canada or the US. Now I am impatiently waiting for them to arrive...
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 14
ahhh at that price they were a good deal then.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 14
I think the 555s are great for the price. While they do not complement all music as well as other phones, I think they have the best in class soundstage, and have great overall frequency response, even if certain sounds seem slightly muddy. But a fun headphone indeed.

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 14
I feel the AD700 soundly trounce the HD555 in the soundstage department and while they have recessed mids they are not veiled like the HD555. But I may be off topic LOL.

BTW I am not an ATH fanboy either as my favorite full size headphone is my HD600. But for budget full size open headphones I prefer the AD700 (for lower budget the Phillips HP910 are also pretty darn good as well).

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by artforme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've yet to try the AD700s.

I gave my pair to my Mother for Christmas and I still miss them. I was unsure if she would actually like them. The next morning I come out to the kitchen and she has this look of wonderment on her face as she is listening to them while getting some coffee. She turns to me and says, "You were right and I was wrong, I din't know what music was really all about! I am hearing things I never even knew existing in the songs I have listened to for 30 years. She then went on to talk about how she was hearing things from all around her due to the soundstage. She called me a couple days later because she cracked up when she went to see where the thunder was coming from ouside in the middle of acold snow laden day, to then realize it was coming from the headphones LOL.

I may actually buy another pair at some point. They simply have the biggest soundstage I have ever heard and are great gaming headphones as they are good at pinpointing where sound is coming from.

Having said that they seem to be getting very hard to find these days. I suspect AT may be discontinuing them but don't know that for fact.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #14 of 14
I did say 12 hours only -lol
I actually bought the ATH AD 700's and the 555's at the same time as my first headphones and found that I wore the 700's the most. blu-ray movies were about the only time I preferred the Senns, but could not get over that "clamping" feeling!
I sold both and now have the AKG K702 and am in love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back