Sennheiser hd 518 vs philips shp 2500
Jun 3, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 4
Don't buy the Philips ones.I had them and they are quite bad quality, not sound wise but construction wise, the wire gets quite stiff quickly. Thanks to that mine have broken twice due to a loose wire inside the left earphone. And now also the connection between the earphones and the headband broke on the left side, also cracks on the right side. For the price they are decent, but I wouldn't buy them again. Better grab the Sennheiser ones which will last you longer.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4
I own the shp2500, I had two as a matter of fact, and both snapped on the headband, threw away the first one, glued the second one cause I dont want to throw it away... so buikd quality is sucks, and the cable is freakin long, about 6 meters...

soundwise, there is some quality in it actually, the sound from the mid range upwards is rather smooth and enjoyable.. very easy to listen to, treble rolled off a bit early resulting in a pleasant highs. the problem is around the midbass area, where it lacks of control.. somewhat  loose and muffled and it affects the mids a bit, it makes the mid sounds recessed. low /sub Bass is just ok, not bassheavy.. overall, it has the potential to be a pleasant easy listening headphone if not for the midbass rumbles...

its around $30 right? get some superluxes or panasonic instead, imo

cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back