Sennheiser HD 485 - replacing cushions
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oceanclub

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

The cushion from one of the earpieces on my Sennheiser HD 485 have come loose and I'm unsure how to take it apart to reattach the cushion. Here's two shots of the front and back of the earpiece:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9753/photo1eo.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7451/photo2hro.jpg

There don't seem to be any screws on the earpiece itself, and prising it apart seems to indicate something is holding both sides together. Any tips appreciated,

P.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 6
I just got fine restuffing my cushions o on my 485s because mine were basically disintegrated. You just pull them off with as little force. There are lots of little plastic tabs which will probably break or are already broken. I just supplemented the good tabs with double sided tape and all is well. Good luck

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 6
Sorry just looked at your pics. Basically you pulled the cushion off of the plastic ring that connects it to the headphone. You won't hurt anything, get something to pry the edges of the ring out and it'll pop off. Then you can restretch your cushion over that ring again. It's easy to do

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Odd tapatalk won't let me edit a post, sorry for the three posts. Just snakes a pic of mine with the cushion off. Here ya go
tysaje5u.jpg

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Sorry just looked at your pics. Basically you pulled the cushion off of the plastic ring that connects it to the headphone. You won't hurt anything, get something to pry the edges of the ring out and it'll pop off. Then you can restretch your cushion over that ring again. It's easy to do

Sincerely appreciate the reply! Yes, I had started to prise off that ring, but it feels like something in the centre of the headphone was going to prevent it from coming off (it felt like it would break before it would pop off). Did yours comes off fine without having to undo any screws, etc? Will give it another go in that case.

P.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 6
Well I've had my 485's for years at work and with dropping them occasionally my plastic clips actually slowly started to break and my ear pads would pop of themselves. Like i said, you won't hurt anything if you just pull, pry them out from the outside. Just be careful and look at my pic i sent to get an idea. It's quite possible you might break a clip or two but is so easy to fix with a tiny bit of double sided tape it doesn't matter. Give it a good pull and they'll pop right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back