Sennheiser HD 4.20S Any opinions?
Nov 25, 2016 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus

Interested to know more about these. I just thought it to be weird that no one has posted any impressions here about these cans. Wondering if this was a great headphone for pairing directly from mobile phones or daps. Probably getting a pair next week to try them out for Apple music use out of my iphone 5s. They look comfy. They look cool in a modern way combined with the classic style sennheiser headband. Very Interesting.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 14
Anyone? Everyone is getting into the high end these days I guess and not using cans directly from their mobile phones anymore. I'm just waiting for crickets to comment krik krik krik lol

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 14
Tried them out in Fry's however the background noise was substantial so take it with a grain of salt.
The good: really full, deep, 3 dimensional sound. Great and detailed lows - however sub-bass could be more present. Engaging mids, separable instruments and clean vocals.
The bad: with rock/metal tracks stuffed with lush instrumentalization (i.e. Moonspell - Angelizer) they just dropped the ball. As good as they are with jazz or other "clean-cut" music they somehow cannot separate anymore when intrduced with chaos, things get messier and losing texture in a greater extent than intended.

Still, was tempted to buying them because their really outstanding soundstage, performance and engaging "spark" with less agressive breeds of music.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 14
I heard these for the first time today. Whoa! I'm impressed they have loads of bass and its actually pretty good. I prefer them over the Momentum's sound any day and with any genre! They also fold up and are super comfy two things the Momentum dose not have at all.

A small piece of magic in the price range. For $80 you get BASS, FUN, and SOUND-STAGE!

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #10 of 14
I've had mine for 3 months now and I'm glad I made this purchase. They don't need an amp but when I plug them into my lil Fiio A1 with my Moto X Pure on the go I don't miss my home setup nearly as much as I did before. And the microphone is great. I wonder what pads could fit these...?

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #12 of 14
Yeah, they are really cool headphones. Not a whole lot of stuff like them for $80.

What is your home setup consist of?

I use my Fiio E18 or X3ii or Monoprice 11567 DAC. The X3 is for hi-res and the 11567 is making a case for 16/44.1 over the E18. All go to my vintage Technics SA-828 receiver (New Class A) which is my baby. As for headphones Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250, Fostex T50RP MK3, and Sennheiser HD 558. Also my Technics SL-1301 turntable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back