Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Oct 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postalisback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest with you guys, I'd just like a headphone that has bass that I can notice, as atm I'm using a headphone that I can't notice bass with at all, just low frequencies... (that no doubt aren't even there I'm just tricking myself)
frown.gif

Then I think the Q40 would be best. If spending more, I suggest the HD25-1 II.

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #33 of 48
Yeah, muddy bass really IS NOT what I'm looking for, thanks for that.

I think i'll just go for the DTX 900's and see how it goes...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #35 of 48
Right, I'll get the Q40's in a few weeks then.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #36 of 48
I don't know why some people hate the HD 280's so much. For my scenario (listening at work), I couldn't have an open-air headphone, otherwise I probably would have got the Grado sr 125's. Instead I got the HD 280's for $90 at Guitar Center. Yea, they sound like closed phones, but for what they are what they cost, I think they're great; and these aren't even burned in yet. They clamp to your head pretty hard though. I've only had them for a few hours, so I'm going to see how they feel after long hours of use. If they don't work out, I'll just take them back.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why some people hate the HD 280's so much. For my scenario (listening at work), I couldn't have an open-air headphone, otherwise I probably would have got the Grado sr 125's. Instead I got the HD 280's for $90 at Guitar Center. Yea, they sound like closed phones, but for what they are what they cost, I think they're great; and these aren't even burned in yet. They clamp to your head pretty hard though. I've only had them for a few hours, so I'm going to see how they feel after long hours of use. If they don't work out, I'll just take them back.

The problem with the HD 280's sound is pretty much the same as the problem with the UM1's sound, it doesn't seem to be good in anything. It lacks bass but doesn't have that good a resolution or clarity. The only reason to get them would be the isolation they provide, otherwise the ES7 and D1001 are clearly better choices.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with the HD 280's sound is pretty much the same as the problem with the UM1's sound, it doesn't seem to be good in anything. It lacks bass but doesn't have that good a resolution or clarity. The only reason to get them would be the isolation they provide, otherwise the ES7 and D1001 are clearly better choices.

See I disagree with that a little bit. These HD 280s sound like they have a very neutral sound overall. And if you think about it, that's what they were intended for (studio monitors). Some people may like that flat analytical sound, others may not. I'm actually undecided yet. At moments I like them, and other moments I don't. What I'm not sure of is whether or not they were worth $90.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #39 of 48
8.....25000 Hz here is frequence of response from HD-280 PRO and obviously it has more than enough bass!
It is from Dj line from Sennheiser and all of this kind of cans abuse one more others less but basses on this type are very aceptable in a major of cases.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by felichella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8.....25000 Hz here is frequence of response from HD-280 PRO and obviously it has more than enough bass!
It is from Dj line from Sennheiser and all of this kind of cans abuse one more others less but basses on this type are very aceptable in a major of cases.

Specifications are worthless. Most people who have heard the HD280 will find it lacking in bass, especially compared to its peers at the same price range. Ultimately indeed it's down to personal perference, but to me I prefer the more exciting sound of the ES7 and D1001 that doesn't lose to the HD280 when it comes to the mids and details. The HD280 is just too neutral without being analytical enough to make a good monitor phone.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by felichella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Specs are a bit misleading. You'll at least want to see a graph depicting the volume at any given frequency. So, these cans might produce a teensy bit of sound at 8 Hz, but that won't give you good, punchy bass.

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #43 of 48
Well I am not saying that I hate Sennheisers, the only thing being that the sound is muddy across the entire spectrum, not that refined. And I don't like equalizing either.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specs are a bit misleading. You'll at least want to see a graph depicting the volume at any given frequency. So, these cans might produce a teensy bit of sound at 8 Hz, but that won't give you good, punchy bass.

I do not make friends that I am not interested in seeing printers of the HD-280 up to because it does not interest me this pair of headphones...
What I said was that for the specifications it has for obligation to have more which level of basses the sufficient thing ... it is completely a question of the headphones are able to be used with the rest of the material that you have á arrangement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back