Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headband cushion fit Shure SRH440? ... or studio headphones without pleather flakiness?
Oct 8, 2015 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LNuneek

500+ Head-Fier
I'm considering picking up a pair of Shure SRH440 headphones for home studio and daily computer use. The only thing I'm concerned about with them is the headband material cracking and flaking over time.

I typically use my headphones for at least a few hours a day, sometimes almost all day, so pleather materials don't last as long as I would like due to my usage.

I'm wondering if I could use the HD 280 Pros replaceable headband cushion on the SRH440? If it fits, it would make essentially all the pleather parts on the SRH440 replaceable, and potentially make the headphone more comfortable. 

I am considering just getting the HD 280 Pro, it's just that their size and bulk is too much.

Is there a studio headphone on the market that is truly made for heavy duty use and/or has easily attained spare parts for the pieces that do degrade like headbands, pads, and cables? My budget is $100-150 Canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back