Sennheiser HD 25 SP II
Dec 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

djalberthiphop

Head-Fier
hi everyone, i am a hip hop dj and fan in greece, i have read a lot of reviews on these and actually found them at a very appealing price here in Greece and i was wondering if i should get them. the bass is really important for me. and besides djing use i plan on spending hours of listening at home or outside with my portable media players (such as samsung yp-p2 for example).

1) are these headphones good for use with portable unamped mp3 player device?

2) how is the bass on them for hip hop?

any help would be appreciated and also affect my final decision.

the good things i have heard are for the HD 25's. the SP-IIs are the cheaper version of these.

there is no topic designated to the sp's (apparently they are sennheiser's cheaper version of the hd 25), lower impedance, lower db, i doubt that they are as good.

anyone can claim that sp's bass is the same as you describe in hip hop for the hd-25?

FYI: IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF THIS VERSION OF THE 25'S HERE IS THE OFFICIAL EXPLANATION OF THE DIFFERENCES

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...dphones_502103

Sennheiser presents them to be quite similar to the 25s but i don't think that is case.

also, in the sp (cheap) version the cable is 3 meters long!! so this makes portable use quite hard... any way to live with that??

can anyone help me on the choice of sp's for hip hop and portable use?

does anybody use those?

thank very much in advance for any help

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 7
HD 25 1 mkII has different drivers in comparison to hd 25 sp which means they are better in every aspect in terms of sound ! There is price difference but its justified , 25 1 mkII is very punchy 'phone ,balanced,indestructible unbelievable good isolation and comfort, very light 140g so you can barely feel them once they are on your head ! Its the king of portable full size solutions. Im a Dj ,play drum and bass and they deliver very fast punchy bass , feels like they are bouncing on your head and great for beat matching . In other words dont buy sp version !!!
You should also consider ultrasone dj1 pro, ortofon O one and shure 840

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD 25 1 mkII has different drivers in comparison to hd 25 sp which means they are better in every aspect in terms of sound ! There is price difference but its justified , 25 1 mkII is very punchy 'phone ,balanced,indestructible unbelievable good isolation and comfort, very light 140g so you can barely feel them once they are on your head ! Its the king of portable full size solutions. Im a Dj ,play drum and bass and they deliver very fast punchy bass , feels like they are bouncing on your head and great for beat matching . In other words dont buy sp version !!!
You should also consider ultrasone dj1 pro, ortofon O one and shure 840

thanks man! again, this is all information for the hd 25 version. have you not tried the sp's? are they really that worse than the 25s?

and also, i live in greece and the alternative phones you proposed are not available here...

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 7
My friend has hd 25 sp and they are inferior to hd 25 1 from headband to sound !
You should check german maestro gmp 8.35 d . If you like the raw looks they could be your pick , shipping in EU for same amount of money as hd 25 1 and have better sound !
Check the search button on headfi !

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

My friend has hd 25 sp and they are inferior to hd 25 1 from headband to sound !
You should check german maestro gmp 8.35 d . If you like the raw looks they could be your pick , shipping in EU for same amount of money as hd 25 1 and have better sound !
Check the search button on headfi !

thanks man. i went to the store that sells both hd 25 and hd 25 sp in Greece and the salesman let me plug them both in my samsung p2 and compare. the hd 25 really is much better than the sp. but i ended up buying something much more towards dj-ing, that also sounded ever more amazing with superb bass.

it is the Audio Technica ATH-PRO 700. Simply beautiful, with low impedance, which means that they can be driver even from pmp's.

i am very very happy with my purchase. i am actually mixing right now!!!
darthsmile.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by djalberthiphop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks man. i went to the store that sells both hd 25 and hd 25 sp in Greece and the salesman let me plug them both in my samsung p2 and compare. the hd 25 really is much better than the sp. but i ended up buying something much more towards dj-ing, that also sounded ever more amazing with superb bass.

it is the Audio Technica ATH-PRO 700. Simply beautiful, with low impedance, which means that they can be driver even from pmp's.

i am very very happy with my purchase. i am actually mixing right now!!!
darthsmile.gif

Nice to hear you found your sound !
Enjoy your headphones
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Nice to hear you found your sound !
Enjoy your headphones
beerchug.gif

thank you very much! well, ok i have to get used a little bit to the fact that i cannot really wear them for portable use outside of home
frown.gif
, cause people will think i am nuts, but maybe i will love them so much that i will!!

thanks loopfreak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back