Sennheiser HD-25 sliding mechanism too loose
Feb 23, 2010 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Moonwalker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

For 2 years, I was using the HD-25 rather sporadically. In recent weeks, I was wearing them on regular basis.
Here's the problem: the sliding ,ladder' is way too loose now, compared to new pair borrowed from my friend. It's so loos, after putting them on my head, both sides clik 3 or more steps down and end slightly below optimal position on my ears.
It's more comfortable this way, but the inability to adjust them on my head is something I'm not happy about.

The same goes for my wife, , she has smaller head, but HD-25 end a bit below optimum position for her. - It's surprising considering they were used not so often, after all...

Is it common on HD-25? Or should I ask Sennheiser for help? They are well treated and still sound and look like new.

Thanks.
Moonwalker

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For 2 years, I was using the HD-25 rather sporadically. In recent weeks, I was wearing them on regular basis.
Here's the problem: the sliding ,ladder' is way too loose now, compared to new pair borrowed from my friend. It's so loos, after putting them on my head, both sides clik 3 or more steps down and end slightly below optimal position on my ears.
It's more comfortable this way, but the inability to adjust them on my head is something I'm not happy about.

The same goes for my wife, , she has smaller head, but HD-25 end a bit below optimum position for her. - It's surprising considering they were used not so often, after all...

Is it common on HD-25? Or should I ask Sennheiser for help? They are well treated and still sound and look like new.

Dobry den Moonwalker.

My own HD 25-1 are 20 years old and I have never had this problem with them at all.

However, talk to Panter in Praha - they are the Sennheiser Agent for the Czech Republic.

I think that that there were some HD 25 that got a bit loose. I suspect it was when the moulding tool was nearing the end of its life and the tolerances were not quite so tight.

It should be quite easy to replace those bits.

Vsetko najlepsi prajeme.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi John!

I went to Panter Praha, they were so kind to let me try new headband section, but the loose clicking is the same, unchanged.
The driver capsule must be worn out to larger hole than when it was new, i suspect.
So for remedy I would need to replace NOT sliders and headband, but BOTH driver capsules.

Maybe I will use DJ and studio workers solution , shrink foil around slider to make it bigger and tighter in the square hole of the capsule.

Thanks a lot

Moonwalker

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey,

Well it seem like a quite funny coincidence, that I found only one thread about my problem and it was started by somebody from Prague...

I have the same problem. I bought 25's a month ago. Older, but not used basically. And just during this month of wearing them (and yes, I do wear them a lot) the side without the cable is quite loose. HEnce I am expecting the "looseness" to continue, which is not a nice outlook.

So you say, the only solution is to buy a new driver capsules? If I am not mistaken, that is the whole thing on you ear, isnt it? Thats a lot of money.

I guess, I will use the tape as well....

Thanks for any advice, if there is any.

Have a nice day and listening.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back