Sennheiser HD 25 Amperior review
Jun 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

daijobudes

500+ Head-Fier
Finally!
Dear Headfiers!!!
I'm glad to introduce my precious piece - the newest sennheiser model which I just purchased - 2 hrs ago, costed me 309 CHF(Swiss francs) purchased in Apple store in Geneva.

Starting from the beggining: my old headphones almost all of them are not able to serve me anymore. So I've been looking for a very nice piece of audiophile art.
These amperiors are almost ready to be listened to right from the box, i think it'll take them about a week to be burned, after it's gonna be perfect))
So, that's my first review, and I'll start from how well are they build
All of the plastic parts are made of medium quality, not as superb as px 360's if you know what I'm talking about.
The construction is very similar or even the same as their previous encarnation .
The metallic cans are made of aluminum. Pretty nice)
I got a silver version just because it's more solid and if it's gonna scratch itll be harder to notice.
Then the pads inside - they are made of something like velour, it is solid, not soft. But it keeps the headphone on a place.
The sound.
Comparing to all of the rest i've heard - it's very balanced! Bass is super nice, not loud, not distorted, very precise. Then, the mids seems to be okay. Also I like the scene it's not very wide, but it's just enough, for a portable headphone. At home I've got the audioengine's A5 + so if I'll need to hear a wider scene Ill use em.
Highs, haven't heard yet. But I suppose it's also not disappointing)
Okay pics

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 5
After having almost 6 hours with this beauty i'd say it's one of the best buys i ever made! just need to get used to wearing them. Almost every music style - sounds good. But the best is something that uses low frequencies. It's superb - the reproduction of low freqs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back