Sennheiser HD 25-1
Jun 15, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 7
The HD25-1 is the loudest headphone I have ever heard. Your Ipod will provide sufficient volume. It is an all-around excellent performer, probably best for rock music, but good for all others. Good bass, nice mids, the highs sometimes can provide a bit too much sizzle (not often, though). Great detail, and canalphones aside, one of the best isolating cans around.

Jun 15, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 7
The HD25s are unusual in their split head-band design and what not. The closest you'll get is the HD25SP but then it is very inferior to the HD25-1, but I'm sure it works just as well for DJ work etc. If you like the "studio"/pro look, maybe the Sony MDR-7506 or V6 (not V600) but they are at the levels of the HD25SP in clarity but more bassy (not that this is a bad thing, though)
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Or the Beyerdynamic DT250-80, although they are a little larger and circumaural. therefore they *should* be more comfortable. Haven't tried them

Jun 15, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 7
i want them to be small, and not totally surround my ear because that makes them bigger,because i do not want to look like an idiot running around the street
they should look just like these and the sony dj v series.
I am not going to use the phone to do djing, i usually listen to rock.

Jun 15, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, I like my PX200s for portable use. They're smaller and cheaper than HD25, have nice bass if burned in but can't hold a candle to the HD25s sonics.
However, the folding ability is great. The phone doesn't block out as much noise as the HD25, but at least doesn't leak much sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back