Sennheiser HD 25-1 II vs adidas Original HD 25 Differece?
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

intercrew

New Head-Fier
I'm planning on gettings these and was wondering if there are any difference to the adidas scheme and the original black ones?

Also how well do they sound? I heard a lot of good inputs about them so I thought of getting it.

If anyone owns ath-pro700mk2 or any other bass headphones, how does this compete with it? I want something clear but really good bass to make you jump if you know what i mean :)

Thanks guys!

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 5
The Adidas versions and the original black version sounds exactly the same. There are only cosmetic differences between the two.

As for the sound, to me, they're probably one of the most practical portable headphone solution out there IMO. It's well isolating, has a short cord, is extremely durable, and has a fantastic fun sound to boot.

IMO the only negatives to consider about it is:

- The slight sibilance it has. If you're a sensitive type to sibilance then you may want to think twice.
- The comfort. they are on ear, clamp quite a bit on your ears, and probably difficult to wear for more than a few hours at a time for most people. I wouldn't really use these as my home headphones...
- Th design... not the prettiest portable headphone out there.

As long as you can put up with those three points, I think it's well worth the purchase. I certainly don't regret my choice. :)

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 5
I wouldn't call them really bassy, but they aren't bass shy in the slightest. I've always found them rather neutral, but that might just be because I use them so much.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 5
HD25-1 II is made for monitoring purposes, not for boom boom bass like the Pro700mk2.  The Senns are neutral with just a slight bass boost, but nearly enough to call them bassy. They have very nice impact though.
If you want something clear with lots of bass oomph look into the Ultrasone HFI580.
The Shure SRH750DJ is another one to consider, but i think it's built rather flimsy compared to the Ultrasones. I thought they sounded pretty good though.

Like previously mentioned, the differences between the Adidas and normal HD25-1 II is purely the look. Sound is identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back