Sennheiser HD 25-1-II sound issue
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

axe

New Head-Fier
I just bought some HD 25 MkII´s and although I´m absolutely gobsmacked by the sound quality I´m having an issue that´s driving me crazy and wondering if they may be faulty. Since I started using them, just a few hours ago, I´m finding the right side (red plug) to be punchier than the left. It´s not that it´s louder or that the left doesn´t sound right.... it´s just that it feels as if the sound is coming stronger on the right side. I´ve tried it with a movie and it´s much the same. It feels like if these were surround headphones, that the right channel is where the action is coming from.

I don´t know if it´s just me or if it´s normal with these phones or if there is something wrong with them. Is there any way of telling if one side is stronger than the other? Is it just me? I need to figure this out in case I need to return them.

Thanks for any advice on this!

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Try them with different sources: home stereo, portable CD player, mp3 player, computer headphone jack, etc. If you are getting the same disparity between drivers on all the sources you try, then you should probably return them to the seller as defective.

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks... I did and I´m getting the same impression. I called Sennheiser tech service and will take them to them so they can check em out.

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 7
could be a driver mismatch. sometimes some drivers are more sensitive than others, hence why grado do driver matching in their top end headphones.
could also be the earpads. you tried swapping them over? one could be harder/softer etc.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 7
I had them looked at by a technician and he said they sounded fine. He let me try his HD 25´s and they sounded similar but the effect I was noticing was not as evident as on mine. He changed the left can on my request and now they have improved substantially, especially when I wear the right side on the left. Maybe it was me or it´s a auditive/pshycological issue but now I´m a happy bunny and loving my HD25´s. So glad I got these! Thanks for the help guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Glad you got it sorted out. I am late to the party, but the HD25's have user replaceable cables so always make sure your connections are tight if you have sound issues.

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 7
hi

I have a pair of these too and they are great but need a new cable...possible a better one....any advice on sources for this. I am in Melbourne, Aus.

I found my red plug needed cleaning to form a better connection to balance them out too. No idea what it is with red!

Thanks
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back