Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Help
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Spinlight

Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I just got a pair of the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II thanks to the help of Head-Fi's amazing ljokerl. Well, the Adidas Originals. The store didn't have the normal ones in stock so it was shell out $50 extra or leave without anything, haha. But anyway, I'm listening to them and they drive great from my Clip+ and iPod Touch 3G, but I'm wondering... Do I really need an amp for these during portable use? They sound great undriven, but I always hear this nagging voice in the back of my head saying "You should be amping it!" I've thought about the CMoy BB a bit since it's quite small in an Altoids tin...
Granted, I could also do without the iPod, but I've been told the Cowon will be useless if I don't EQ, which I don't. 

tl;dr: Do I need an amp for HD 25-1 during portable use? If so, which one? Preferably cheap.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Personally, I dont use an amp with them. I use them right out of my Clippi+ and it is wonderful. But an amp makes it more effortless IMO. Contrary for me this little bit more happiness doesnt justify to carry an amp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back