Sennheiser HD-212 Vs. PX100 which is better?
Jan 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

joe84

New Head-Fier
which one of them sounds better overall? i need them for outdoor use with my mp3 player. (iRiver IFP-799) i mainly listen for techno and hip-hop music.

i hears mids and treble are better on the PX100 because they're open but bass is much better on the 212 is this true?

also what about the eH-250? are they better than the 212?

thanks.

Jan 16, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 6
The PX100 sounds more balanced. They are comparable headphones, but the 212 is bassier. For outdoor use, I would pick the 212, purely because it isolates from outside noise.

Jan 16, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 6
bass on the 212pro is better, if we're talking about bass that will make your head explode. I've listened to a pair of burned in 212pros and they seem to drown the mids with excessive bass. I have no first hand experience with the px100, but generally they're well regarded for their great sound + ultra portability. may wanna try listening to both and compare. isolation is good with the 212s, but just to give you a headsup, you'd still hear noise when you're outside, it doesn't isolate totally. the 212s are fine for hiphop & techno i guess, just not with complex music.

Jan 16, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 6
The HD212 has a large amount of bass, not nessasarily better. The PX100 is just that much more compact - go with the HD212 if you want the isolation, but the PX100 will fit in a coat pocket - you'll greatly appreciate it on trips and is just a decent if you want a great pair of phones anywhere you go.

Jan 17, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons
The HD212 has a large amount of bass, not nessasarily better. The PX100 is just that much more compact - go with the HD212 if you want the isolation, but the PX100 will fit in a coat pocket - you'll greatly appreciate it on trips and is just a decent if you want a great pair of phones anywhere you go.

ok, i saw the frequency graph at headroom and looks like the EH250 is much more balanced and natural than the HD212 and they cost the same so how they do against the PX100?

another one: do the PX100 leak out a lot of sound comparing to other open phones? and what about the leaking in? can i hear it on the street without completly raising the volume?

Jan 17, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe84
another one: do the PX100 leak out a lot of sound comparing to other open phones? and what about the leaking in? can i hear it on the street without completly raising the volume?

The PX100's do leak some but it's not objectionable at all. I also wouldn't call the PX100's bass weak, they are just very well balanced. I also have a set of Koss KSC 35's and I prefer the more natural balance of the PX100; they are less fatiguing and very comfortable. I can wear mine all day at work with no comfort issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back