Sennheiser HD 212 Pro question
Mar 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

derek800

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking at possibly buying the Senn HD 212 pro's. I've read quite a few reviews on these and some people say they are great for the price and others say that they have too much bass. I just want to know if they will sound pretty good connected to my ipod classic. I listen to mostly rock and want a headphone with more bass. The headphones I currently have are Philips SHL9500 and they sound decent and are fine for portables, but I want a pair just for wearing at home around the $60.00 range. I don't want to get anything that is too powerfull for the ipod since thats pretty much all I will use them with. So if anyone has experience with them or the SHL9500's that I currently have I just want to make sure these are going to be a step up and not be basically the same.

Thanks for any help you can give. By the way this is my first post, love the site though.

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 2
The 212 have a LOT of bass. Deffinately more than the 650, and people claim that is bass-heavy. So be warned. They should sound near their full potential driven from an Ipod, so don't worry about that. I'm not able to compare them to SHL9500s, as I haven't heard them. If you like bass, I think you will enjoy the 212s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back