Sennheiser HD 205 or Something Else for General Purpose
Dec 1, 2014 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JSAMa

New Head-Fier
Hi,
First thread here. Hopefully this is the right forum.
I need a set of headphones under 60 Euros ($80) for general use. That includes gaming, music, movies or what have you. I'm pretty new to this so am not sure what to look for.

For music I listen to lotsa funk, rock and some metal (think RHCP and RATM). So the priority is definitely bass here.

Comfort is a big factor here as I often play games up to 3 or 4 hours continuously. I play racing games mostly so am not looking for "virtual surround sound" which seems to be all the rage among FPS guys... I think I'd benefit fairly clear, fast mid-highs for the details.

Considering all of the above, what headphones should I buy? I get the impression that Sennheisers are hard to beat for the price range but if there are better models please recommend them to me. If I were to buy one only for music I would have gone with the HD 205. Problem is, after trying a friend's pair I found that it didn't fit my ears well enough to allow prolonged gaming sessions. I also looked at the around-the-ears HD 215, supposedly more comfortable, but reviews say it's not very bassy...

So, please, any input is appreciated,
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back