Sennheiser HD 202 vs. Sony MDR XD200
Jul 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

labou

New Head-Fier
Complete noob here.
eggosmile.gif
... I'm on a really low budget and i've narrowed down my choice between these two headphones. Now before you say that all headphones under 50 suck, or just save a little and get these instead.don't! Im trying to decided between these two and thats it; if your bringing more to the table you'll just make it harder for me to decide. I listen to almost all kinds of music, ranging from metal, to pop, rap, and even some classical music here and there. And I also listen to reggae. So anybody please help out. I'm a complete nood in need of guidance.
icon10.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 18
Nobody complains about MDR-V6 but a few people say it's shrill. There's not many of them, tho.

It's $75, and is worth every penny because of the durability, comfort, sound quality, and decent isolation... not as good as beyers, but it's good enough that nobody outside of you can hear what you're listening to. And it's portable, folds up nicely.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 18
Thanks for the replies guys.
biggrin.gif
I would really like to check out the headphones you all advised, but my problem is that I can't really find them. I live in haiti right, so places where I would find these headphones are basically non-existent. It sucks big time!... Its not that I don't want to get them its just that i cant! My dad is going to the U.S., but where he is going he will be limited to places such as walmart, target, and radio shack. They aren't terrible, but... My choices are very slim, especially considering my budget.

qazwsx, screw the sony's sound about right, but i still want to keep the hd 202 as a possibility. and incognitoedleon, i found the Koss ksc75 at radioshack so im going to check out the reviews like you said. as for the MDR-V6; thats just out of my range. thanks for the comment though.
wink.gif
. i also found the hd 201, im not sure if thats any better then the 202. theres also this EarHugger High Fidelity Studio Headphones - EH-810, i don't know if anyone had heard about them, but the look pretty good to me. I can't really say though since I don't really know anything about headphones.
orphsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #9 of 18
HD201 is a better option than the HD202, which I think has bloated bass and no highs just like the other Sony. Sorry you don't live in the US for the TD deal but the eH150's still aren't too expensive I don't think which are better than both the 201 and 202.

And I don't like speaking for headphones I haven't heard but I highly doubt those EarHuggers sound good.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...smokin deal on the 150's too, about $20 shipped on Tiger Direct. They are refurb but still a hot deal.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=S302-2028

That really is a good deal. my problem is that i need my headphones AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THOUGH! Im using these sh**y headphones that are just... I don't know what to say about them. i doubt theres a word to describe how bad they are. If I bought some online; which would emminsly open up my choices, i would have to wait like 2 months before the finally arrived. honestly, i cant wait that long! It would have to come through customs and that would take more time also and it would cost more money. thats why im having my dad buy them. its just faster and easier that way.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #11 of 18
I'd say <$30 the better of closed cans are the eH150 and HD201 if you can find either in-stores or such. The eH150 is better but is typically more expensive aside from that one deal I found. I know Circuit City sells the 150's for $30. I have yet to see the 201's in any commercial electronics store yet.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 18
Well online i've found them on target. I don't know if my dad will be able to find them in the store or not. I still haven't found those eh150's though. i hope i do cuz im sure they are good. and thanks for the help qazwsx, I might've ended up being a terrible can. Now I feel pretty confident it what i've narrowed it down to.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #13 of 18
Target doesn't sell them in-store, in fact all they've got is the XD200, but it looks like you can order them online. Circuit City definitely has the 150's in store for $30 it just depends on if you have one in your area.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #14 of 18
yeah your right. I just checked that out. I do remember a circuit city in the area. So i'll tell him to get the 150's first if he finds them and if he doesn't, get the 201's, and again if he can't find those get the ksc75. does that sound about right or should i put the ks75's before the 201's???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back