Sennheiser has been sold!
May 8, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #16 of 20
From the press release:

A permanent cooperation is planned under the joint Sennheiser brand umbrella in order to continue offering Sennheiser customers first-class audio solutions in the future. A license agreement for future use of the Sennheiser brand has been made.

I understand this to mean Sonova will be able to use the Sennheiser brand to release new products. It's unclear if they plan to continue to produce Sennheiser consumer headphones like the HD660 or if they will end those products and only use the brand to release new hearing-aid-like products. They only state:

The fast-growing market for personal audio devices is rapidly evolving. Combining our audiological expertise with Sennheiser’s know-how in sound delivery, their great reputation as well as their high-quality products will allow us to expand our offering and to create important touchpoints with consumers earlier in their hearing journey.

May 12, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 20
I've never even owned a pair of Sennheiser headphones and this news makes me very sad. I hate to see a legendary brand go under.

May 12, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 20
I hate to see a legendary brand go under.
That's not what's happening here. They've sold one of their divisions to a new owner/invester.

May 12, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #19 of 20
I suspect the "partnership" language is there because these products will continue to be branded as "Sennheiser" so they want to suggest a continuity in quality and support for the products. It's also possible they have some deals in place in terms of manufacturing facilities or other cooperation

I think it's most likely that this deal was structured according to German, Swiss, or EU law.
Not American law.

So, I'm guessing that the issues/apparent contradictions in the language describing this new
dual business organization are due to differences in the meanings of "partnership", "sale" etc.
These terms have specific legal meanings which can and do differ country to country.

Thus discussing, in detail, the language of the announcement without the appropriate expertise or
knowledge - of the deal or its structure - is very tricky (at the least, almost surely speculative,
and probably incorrect.

May 12, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back