Sennheiser GSX 1000 or Sound blasterX G5 with HD 598 Cs
Dec 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rakusa

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I've bought a pair of sennheiser HD 598 Cs and when I play game there's a background noise so i've been reading on DAC and i've got interested in the GSX 1000 and the creative G5. I like the virtual surround on both. The games where i need better sound quality is Rainbowsix Siege and CSGO. I've watched two youtube video where we could listen to the sound of the gsx 1000 and the soundblaster g5, but even with that i'm not sure which one would be best and not sure if its really a good representation of the sound i would get with any of them. I fear that the hd 598 cs with the gsx 1000 would have too much bass and you can only use preset EQ to adjust. 

Which one would be better for those two game? I'm open to other suggestion and if possible with virtual surround (find it easier to know where sound comes from). My maximum budget would be around 300$ CAD

Thank you!

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Creative Labs Sound blaster Z sound card.
Sometimes sell used for $50-$60.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Is there a reason why you recommend the Creative Labs Sound blaster Z sound card over the G5?
With my setup it would be easier to use a dac over a soundcard because my cable wouldnt reach the back of my pc.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 4
  Is there a reason why you recommend the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card over the G5?
With my setup it would be easier to use a dac over a soundcard because my cable wouldnt reach the back of my pc.

The SB-Z card is very decent for the price.
You can always get an 3.5mm (1/8") extenstion cable, run it from the SB-Z's back panel to the top of your desk.

Not against you gettting a GSX or G5, just trying to save you money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back