Sennheiser/Grado hybrid?
Aug 9, 2005 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JimmyDean

Head-Fier
While looking at my blown right HD600 driver, I found that the SR-60 driver fits perfectly into the hole... This could lead to some interesting hybrids.

Aug 9, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 8
where did you get spare drivers from?

you need to be the first to do this.

what would be cool, would be to get the old HP-1000 series drivers (cannot purchase direct anymore I believe) and put them in some HD-580's.

Aug 9, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 8
The spare driver was from an sr-60 that I accidently killed. I would be the first to do this, but it would involve killing some cans
frown.gif
. I have working ms-1s and (now) working HD-600s. If anyone has any dead HD580/590/595/600/650s, let me know. Id need some grado/alessandro drivers as well. It would be very easy to do, you could even retain the stock cable mechanism from the senns.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 8
This would be the solution for those who can't get over the supposed 'poor build quality' and/or 'retro look' of Grado's. Maybe inside the 'case' of an HD-580, they could enjoy the benefits of Grado sound....though I assume it will have an influence over the sound compared to the Grado cups. Definately would be interesting to hear them.

Ya know what you didn't mention.....putting Sennheiser drivers from say the HD-580 into SR-60 cups!

BRING ON THE HYBRIDS

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Bring on the Sendo!
smily_headphones1.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Bring on the Sendo!
smily_headphones1.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

The Sendro Gradennheisers!
Sounds like a name out of a star wars movie
frown.gif

Sendro Gradheiser... hm

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Putting 5xx/6xx drivers in grado housings could be done, but it would be harder... You would have to sand down that little wire channel on the senn drivers, and be VERY careful with the wires... I also don't know what you would do for a cable solution, those tiny wires would have to remain completely immobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back