Sennheiser G4ME1 USB Soundcard on Windows 10
Aug 1, 2015 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

EarwaxDAC

New Head-Fier
I just upgraded to Windows 10 with a clean install and I have a Sennheiser G4ME1 USB Soundcard.

The default Windows 10 driver for this card is just usbaudio.sys. It sucks.

Fixing Volume Level
I found the volume to be much too loud with the default driver. Setting windows volume to 2 sounded as loud as 20, and setting it to 20 sounded as loud as 100 which is extremely uncomfortable for me in headphones.

Sennheiser did provide a Windows 8.1 driver last year:
http://www.senncom.com/download
http://www.senncom.com/comm/home_en.nsf/resources/3D_G4ME1_Win_8_1_V1_5.zip/$File/3D_G4ME1_Win_8_1_V1_5.zip

However, setup.exe refuses to run with an error message "Don't support this platform".

Here's a workaround for the volume issue, just install the driver directly from zip:
  • Download and extract 3D_G4ME1_Win_8_1_V1_5.zip
  • Goto Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers
  • Right click Sennheiser 3D G4ME1 > Properties
  • Driver Tab > Update Driver
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
  • Point it to the following folder in your extract zip: ..\3D_G4ME1_Win_8_1_V1_5\WIN81(WHQL)\SoftwareDriver\Driver
  • You  may be asked to reboot. If so reboot.
  • Audio volume when set to 2 will properly be soft.

Fixing Dolby Headphone
The default windows driver will not come with Dolby Headphone.
Moving the DH switch on the USB dongle yields no results, the blue light will not even turn on.
If you enjoy Dolby Headphone and want it back, simply run the application directly.

• First install the Sennheiser driver as noted above.
  • Browser to the following folder inside the zip: ..\3D_G4ME1_Win_8_1_V1_5\WIN81(WHQL)\SoftwareDriver\DLL
  • Double click "3DG4me" to run the software application.
  • This will add the familiar Sennheiser tray icon.
  • The DH switch on the USB dongle will work when turned on. The blue light will come on and DH effects will be heard. The tray icon will also change colors.
  • You can also select 2, 4, 5.1, and 7.1 CH speaker emulation from the tray icon.

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 10
Hi,

Originally before I read this thread I tried all of this.

Infact you can even download windows 7 package and it will install fine...

However, on my windows 10 it gives me the error:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

I've tried everything to get it to work that I can think of, maybe there is a way I haven't tried?

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks a lot for this very easy to follow troubleshooting. I had recently got myself a pair of PC363D's and thaat came withj the 3d G4ME1 usb sound card that worked brilliantly on Windows 8 but when W10 rolled around - no Joy.

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Not sure why they haven't updated their downloads page on the main site to include that link. Let me know if you notice any improvement/difference with the official win 10 driver. It is working so well with my G4ME Zero headset. It's kind of weird that the adapter is available from the warehouse, but they do not promote it at all with the newer lineup of gaming peripherals. I am very pleased to have it now.

May 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 10
EarwaxDAC

I ******* LOVE you mate! very good job!

IT FINALLY ******* WORKED!

thanks so much, i'll have my first born son named Earwax.. on second thought, I wont be doing that but really thanks for the tips mate!

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #9 of 10
Hi ive tried your method to no avail, i thought there was something wrong with my pc so i did a clean install of widows 10 64 bit version but still wont work, if i install the drives from the sennheiser webpage for win 10 and it automatically shuts down my audio and an X appears over the volume icon then i have to uninstall to make the audio work again (meaning im using the normal usb audios.sys and the logo on the sennheiser wont turn blue. I tried your method of force installing windows 8.1 drivers but still doesn't work it starts bugging the audio and i wont hear a beep. if i only run the application for the folby still wont let me switch channels from 2 to anything else plus i would still hear nothing. please help im desesperate!

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi ive tried your method to no avail, i thought there was something wrong with my pc so i did a clean install of widows 10 64 bit version but still wont work, if i install the drives from the sennheiser webpage for win 10 and it automatically shuts down my audio and an X appears over the volume icon then i have to uninstall to make the audio work again (meaning im using the normal usb audios.sys and the logo on the sennheiser wont turn blue. I tried your method of force installing windows 8.1 drivers but still doesn't work it starts bugging the audio and i wont hear a beep. if i only run the application for the folby still wont let me switch channels from 2 to anything else plus i would still hear nothing. please help im desesperate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back