Sennheiser Full-size headphones
Mar 31, 2012 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SamBrown98

New Head-Fier
I need some headphones for my music, they dont need to be portable but would like them to be fullsize. I don't mind if they are studio or normal but need to be comfortable, enough at least for 2 hours of music. I have a price limit of £70 but anything under would be obviously fine.

Any ideas???

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I need some headphones for my music, they dont need to be portable but would like them to be fullsize. I don't mind if they are studio or normal but need to be comfortable, enough at least for 2 hours of music. I have a price limit of £70 but anything under would be obviously fine.

Any ideas???

What music do you listen to mostly? Do you need good sub-bass response? Do you favor mids or treble or anything? Do you want it to be flat presentation, or do you want a fun sound (ie, a touch more bass/treble)? And what is your source (ie, what do you plug these into for listening)?

Very best,

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:

What music do you listen to mostly? Do you need good sub-bass response? Do you favor mids or treble or anything? Do you want it to be flat presentation, or do you want a fun sound (ie, a touch more bass/treble)? And what is your source (ie, what do you plug these into for listening)?

Very best,

I listen to acoustic/indie and rock. And pop at times. But mainly those.
I use my ipod(using apple lossless), and laptop.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 9
I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD 449 for detail and for giving a clean, unmodified sound (I personally like it with Indie), but if you want something with more of a fun (a bit more bass and treble, with the midrange going to the back) the Creative Aurvana Live! (CAL! mentioned above) is a good choice. For comfort, I'd go with the CAL! over the Sennheiser for long-term wearing.

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD 449 for detail and for giving a clean, unmodified sound (I personally like it with Indie), but if you want something with more of a fun (a bit more bass and treble, with the midrange going to the back) the Creative Aurvana Live! (CAL! mentioned above) is a good choice. For comfort, I'd go with the CAL! over the Sennheiser for long-term wearing.

Quote:
Assuming your prices are similar to those in the U.S.:

CAL!

Superlux HD-668 B

Samson RH600 Headphones (have not heard)

Samson SR850 Semi-Open Studio Reference Headphones (have not heard)

Thanks for the advice, the CAL look good but will they be loud enough??

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 9
The CAL! will have plenty of volume, but if you don't want to spend their price there's still other options out there. Check out KG Jag's other suggestions if you haven't already.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back