Sennheiser Electrostat (HE60/HE90/HEV70/HEV90) Ownership Poll
Jul 28, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
ignorance speaking here:

electrostat? what are special about these cans? and how to they compare to the HD650's?

here ya go. it's about speakers, but for headphones, it's the same science - only on a smaller scale.
wink.gif

and to their owners at least (
very_evil_smiley.gif
) they own the hd650.

Jul 28, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 26
I have only heard the HE60 on it's companion HEV70 amp. It was not even remotely awe inspiring. The sheer channel separation was just unacceptable to me.

I'm sure the HE60 sounds better on a different amp, but I have not heard it as such yet.

Definitely want to hear the big O someday.

-Ed

Jul 28, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I have only heard the HE60 on it's companion HEV70 amp. It was not even remotely awe inspiring. The sheer channel separation was just unacceptable to me.

I'm sure the HE60 sounds better on a different amp, but I have not heard it as such yet.

Definitely want to hear the big O someday.

-Ed

The He90 sounds in a lot of respects very similar to the he60 you will probably not like it.
I have lived with the he60 headphones for six months and have heard the he90 recently, the channel seperation you speak of is similar on the he90.
I have never been bothered by this and to me they sound far better then any sennheiser dynamic.

Jul 28, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #21 of 26
I'm definitely aiming at HE60, I'm now having original Stax Lambdas, and as I heard them side by side with SR-404 they were very close.. I'm in a proces of building Blue Hawaii for them, after that, whenever some Baby Os appear on ebay.de I'm picking them
smily_headphones1.gif
HE60 & Blue Hawaii will hopefully be the last in the headphone business for me (knock-on-wood)
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 26
The HEV90 amp was added to the HE90 headphones a few weeks ago. (Previously the Stax 007t and KGSS amps were being used.) The dCS Verona/Verdi/Purcell/Elgar Plus is the source for the Orpheus combination. This is my favorite headphone configuration as of this date.

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #24 of 26
haha,my HE90 will arrive in a few days~~~~

and also have i owned 6070

WHERE is HEV90?

and are there any better amp in the world? I'm wondering and
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by candey
haha,my HE90 will arrive in a few days~~~~

and also have i owned 6070

WHERE is HEV90?

and are there any better amp in the world? I'm wondering and
confused.gif

now i know who is one of three...

Could you please tell me the final price for HE90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back