Sennheiser EH350 Burn
Nov 29, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #17 of 28
forgive my ignorance then, what do they have to gain? sites such as Headroom
have a generous return policy so it would not be to prevent returns would it?
I read that return rates on headphones is less than .5%

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #18 of 28
I hate to assume malice, but if you get a new pair of phones that cost you hundreds of dollars, and you're not immediately over the moon for them as we humans tend to not be with a new signature, especially if they cost what you perceive to be a good deal of money, are you more or less likely to bad-mouth or return them if you're told you need to give them a LOT of time before they'll sound good?

If you want to know whether they're any more informed than you or I, email them and ask them for the results of whatever tests they ran to confirm that their phones' sigs change over time.

And note: I'm not saying "burn-in" is or isn't "real" here- a quick search will reveal how the issue stands at this point.

Nov 29, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just for fun, I will email AKG

Good idea. I would LOVE to get some real data on this subject- it would cut out a lot of arguing.

You realize you're not the first to email them (and a couple other companies, iirc), right?

Nov 29, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #22 of 28
Going by their measured frequency response, the eH350s should be anything but boomy - have them on a very high-impedance output by any chance?

Nov 30, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None (since I don't believe in burn-in)

One thing is doubting "amp burn in" or even "source burn in", but doubting speaker/headphone burn in is just...
eggosmile.gif

Nov 30, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #26 of 28
Andrea, would you agree that certain types of headphones might be more
likely to benefit from burning in? 701s for example, after numerous hours, changed dramatically for the better (to me). These less expensive Senns
have not changed much at all.

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #28 of 28
my impression was that the AKG drivers were dramatically different and that
is why that particular headphone has been singled out for the long burn in AKG,
Headroom and forum members suggest. I know you feel otherwise, but I really
noticed salient changes over the 500 hrs I let them run. My ears or physical changes? We shall see if AKG chooses to document it after they get my email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back