Sennheiser Ear Buds Recommendation anyone?
Jan 17, 2007 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sionghchan

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend me a good pair of Sennheiser Ear Buds. The models I saw are:

CX300 (expensive)
MX500
MX400
MX90VC
MX550
MX55VC
MX55

and a few more..

There are so many models and not much differentiating between them that I'm stumped. I just need it for my iPod Video for mobility.

Thanks guys..

SH

Jan 17, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Well small review here of MX400 and MX500

I have the MX500 and find them to be quite comfy and one of the few earbuds that will stay in my ear (apart from new iPod stocks' made from new material). It doesn't have the extension in the highs but it is quite balanced. I find piano keys are quite pleasing to listen to. The bass is sorta squashed and boomy but I still think its quite nice. Compared to my UM2s and E4Cs, the MX500s are terrible, but on their own I think they're quite a cheap, fun and lightweight earbud.

Don't take this as final. I have not heard any of the others!!!

P.S. People also recc Koss KSC35 and KSC75 (search for plenty of past threads). What about Senn PX100? They're lightweight, foldable over your head stylee though. Much nicer than the MX500, more extension over the frequency range and more pleasing (but more expensive, may be same as CX300 in Canada, I wouldn't know)

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 8
I bought my girlfriend the MX-51's for Christmas, (of course I had to test them out.) and they have great bass response, but not at the expense of treble and midrange sound. For an earbud, the 51's give you a lot of bang for your buck. I'd recommend them. I also owned the cx-300's, but I would not recommend those. The bass isn't even there unless you can manage to get a proper seal between your ear and the earpiece, and I don't think very many people have ear canals the same size as the provided rubber plugs. The treble and the midrange in the cx-300's was decent, but with the lack of bass, it was hard to get into the music, especially because they don't block noise as effectively as some people seem to think.

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean-xenos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MX90 if your source can handle 64 Ohms impedance

very balanced sound, better fit (at least for me) than other earbuds

Could todays standard mp3 player handle 64 Ohms (117 dB) earbuds ??

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back