Sennheiser cx95 vs Etymotic er-6
Nov 27, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Why not ER6i? they are slightly better in BASS.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 7
It really depends on the sound signature you prefer. I think the ER6 is probably the more accurate earphone but it isn't an earphone for someone who likes bass.

I voted for the CX95 as I like fun, warm sounding earphones. The detail isn't as good, but they are enjoyable to listen to. I found the cord on the CX95 REALLY annoying though - too long, weighed down by a heavy cable connector, and very rubbery so it bouces around a lot if you're walking and causes cable microphonics.

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 7
You really dont have to worry about counterfeit ety stuff at all.

If you can, get the ER 6i; more people would vote for it than for the CX95 or the ER 6. But if the ER 6i is not an option and only the ER 6 is, it is hard to say. The ER 6 is very light on bass, but it definitely has more detail and it has the ety sparkle of the higher frequencies.

Personally between the two I would still go for the ER 6, but it does depend on what kind of music you listen to.

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 7
TacticalPenguin is right. Some kinds of music sounds better on CX95 (rock, metal, disco, techno, electronic) and some sounds better on Er6 (jazz, vocal, classic).

You can't compare them. It's like comparing 4x4 offroad to race car. They're just for different needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back