Sennheiser CX95 vs Denon AH-C751.. help!
Dec 13, 2008 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zanshin

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! It's been a while. Thanks to this great forum I found some of the best headphones I've ever heard (Audio Technica ATH-W100) about 6 years ago. They're still going strong and sounding great!

These days I need to find a good in-ear phone, as I'm taking the bus quite a bit and need something that'll fit under a winter hat. I want to spend less than $150, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Sennheiser CX95 and the Denon AH-C751.. I'm somewhat considering the Etymotic ER-6i.. and I haven't heard anything about the options from Audio Technica.. I'm certainly open to other suggestions, too!

I truly listen to all kinds of music.. A lot of metal/rock, electronic & hip-hop, so I'm definitely interested in bass.. but I'll put on shoe-gaze, classical, jazz.. the whole gamut. One thing I'm adverse to is shrill highs.. my ears seem pretty sensitive to these.

Anyone that's heard both the CX95 & the AH-C751 have any input?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 2
I've heard the 95s and the C551s, and I vastly preferred the 551s. The 95s were a bit comfier and isolated better, but the sound was inferior to the 551s are every level. 551s had clearer highs and mids, and more and better bass. Neither are sibilant, so harsh highs won't be a problem. The 751s are less bassy than the 551s, AFAIK, but I don't think this is a bad thing. Bass is still there and good, just less of it. ER-6i is a good IEM, esp. if you get it < $75. Not very bassy at all, which I miss sometimes, but better than the 551s is many ways. I've written about this elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back