Sennheiser CX500s or CX300 IIs?
Jul 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LooieENG

New Head-Fier
Both are about the same price on Play.com (From Play themselves, not Playtrade).

Pros of CX500s: A lot of reviews say they sound really good and better than the 300s, available in white
Cons: In-line volume thing, symmetrical cords

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...s/Product.html

Pros of CX300 IIs: Better than the original 300s (which were awesome IMO, as I had a pair before they went in one ear), asymmetrical cords, no in-line volume control
Cons: Twice as much for white!

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...s/Product.html

Like I said, I really liked my CX300s, but in a Cnet review they said although the CX300 IIs are considerably better than the originals, they're not as good as the CX500s, but I've read different elsewhere!

I mainly listen to hip hop, but also a lot of electronic music (usually with a lot of bass).

Thanks

Edit: Also, if anyone has the CX500s, where is the in-line volume control if I wore them under my shirt with my iPod in my pocket? Would it be under my shirt, or in my pocket with my iPod? It'd look a little weird if I kept putting my hand up my shirt
eek.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 7
I have owned both the CX500 and cx300. I kept the CX500 because of the volume control, the higher quality build, and the CX500 did not have over-powering mid-bass like the CX300.

Yes, you will have to go under your shirt to use the volume control. When I wear the cx500 under my shirt, the volume control is in the chest area.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the quick reply Usama!

Would you say the CX500s are the better choice then? I'd probably just set the in-line volume to max and control the volume with the iPod anyway. How sensitive is it? Is it likely to change the volume by rubbing on your shirt?

Thanks.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 7
I think it is a better choice. The volume control is not sensitive. You would have to slide it with your finger to move it, rubbing against your shirt won't move it.

By the way, I only tried the CX300 originals not the CX300-II.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, I had the originals and they were really good. I think I'll leave it another hour or two and see if anybody else has anything to say, and then I'll probably get the CX500s.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back