SENNHEISER CX500 $29.80 airshipped from focalprice.com - They are here!
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boomy, what you described sounds alot like any pair would sound like without a seal. With canalphones, not all should be "as deep as possible". These look like they should rest on the outside of your ear canals. Like my denons, whenever I try to push any deeper in the seal always seem to break.

I was actually thinking that as well.

As a matter of fact, I let my 'phones sit just barely in my ear and it sounded EXACTLY how you described. I don't know how you could get something to sound like that if you've gone through all the tips...

The double flanges worked for me.

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used all of the different sized tips and even after burning in for over 48 hrs the sound quality improved only slightly but still not the quality I have come to expect from geniune Senns's.
I just don't feel that these are genuine

Yeah, it definitely sounds like there was something wrong w/your pair.

I'm really enjoying mine and, while I haven't heard a premium pair, so I don't know what I'm missing, I know it sounds a LOT better than what you described.

Is there any return policy w/FP? I didn't even check when I bought mine...

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #37 of 42
The memory Foam properties of the Comply's are great for comfort and externals sound attenuation but the same isolating properties of the foam limits the amount of bass your ear canal tissues can feel, which is part of the bass we hear. Also the tips extend a mm or so past the sound tube and attenuate some of the mid and high sounds as they leave the tube into your ears. All in all I choose the regular or double flanged silicone tips although I have a skin sensitivity to silicone so I have to limit my exposure.

And the volume control is built in-line in the cord. Not!!! a detachable extra

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

The memory Foam properties of the Comply's are great for comfort and externals sound attenuation but the same isolating properties of the foam limits the amount of bass your ear canal tissues can feel, which is part of the bass we hear. Also the tips extend a mm or so past the sound tube and attenuate some of the mid and high sounds as they leave the tube into your ears. All in all I choose the regular or double flanged silicone tips although I have a skin sensitivity to silicone so I have to limit my exposure.

Wait, are you sure?

I am looking at the picture here: Sennheiser USA - CX500 - Product Details

It looks like it is built-in...correct me if im wrong?

EDIT: Do you mean NOT!!! as a joke or you mean "Not a detachable extra"

Sorry, it is sometime hard to tell if someone is joking on the net or not.

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #39 of 42
The volume is permanently affixed in=line in the Senn Cx500 cord. It is not a seperate item

2638zep.jpg

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Thanks for that informative post. Sorry, I haven't checked back here in awhile.

I'm starting to like the Complys a bit. Took me awhile to get used to them, but I think I've got a system down for a good seal, and now that I have, I'm enjoying the sound just as much as the double flanges, but it's a lot more comfortable.

Still not too excited about the microphonics of the wires though.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A 4 page thread over what's more-than-likely a fake product..honestly people.....

Exactly. I searched the terms 'cx500 focalprice' and the first result was this thread.
jecklinsmile.gif

To add to that, they have sold fake EP630's

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=641126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back