Sennheiser CX400 impressions
Oct 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #17 of 23
I think I like the PL-30s better. The PL-30s approach actual audiophile territory and can run with the likes of SA6, q-Jays and such as those. They come closer to true balanced sound.

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 23
look at the pictures of ep-630 for sale at focalprice. look at the packaging, they are in a static bag. looks very oem. and oem are most likely fakes right? at least for this kinda phone (ep630, cx300)

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #20 of 23
Not necessarily. If they were fakes, they'd be in packaging which mimics the real retail packaging.

It could be that the un-packaged versions are leftovers from the real manufacturing process or something of that nature.

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #21 of 23
You are right, lewislink, a neutral packaging is less suspicious than a look-alike-but-not-quite retail packaging.

However, the EP-630 earphones from Focalprice are likely to be fake. I own them, and they do not look exactly the same as EP-630s from a local shop. I will try to take comparative photos.

They are still the best sub-$5 earphones I have ever tried, though.

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #22 of 23
Google Sennheiser Fakes
One response has pictures and descriptions of all the differences between the real and fake. One check calls for opening them up and looking at the drivers and the number of holes drilled in the speaker housing but there was no way I was gonna do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back