Sennheiser cx300 load
Feb 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

flot

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the audiophiles world. Last September I got myself the practical devices XM5 amp to use with my sennheiser hd215. Of course I know these are toy-level for most of you, but for someone that is only starting I think they sound pretty nice.

I decided to get a $400-$600 desktop amp and I was wondering if this type of amp will harm my sennheiser cx300 earphones. Since my XM5 has a 75Ω switch for this type of earphones.

I was thinking of getting a Little country tube amp.

Will this harm my earphones? Tube amp suggestions?

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Wait... why would you plug cx300's into an amp?

I actually have a pair of cx300's that recently came out of the washing machine. Tbh I couldn't care less since they sound so god awful. But anyway in regards to your question, when I used to use them they were very sensitive, I usually had my laptop volume at between 1 and 20% when I listened to them. So as long as you don't accidentally turn the volume too high you should be ok?

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Many thanks for your reply owenhan!

I ask about the cx300 since I use them at work, this is because earphones cannot be heard by anyone around.

I use my amp everyday about 3-4 hours, and my sennheiser HD215 tend to get a little uncomfortable when using them for over 45 minutes.

Any earphone suggestions? Of course not as cheap as the cx300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back