Sennheiser CX300 - is it hype?
Jan 16, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #31 of 36
in england the white ones from amazon are £20 so £15 is a gd resale price

i thkn the cx300s are great for their price and they do have their drawbacks, but you cant expect much more for their price and they are aimed at the ibud users...they are a huge upgrade from them

they take time getting used to tho, i think its the highs that need to be sorted out

Jan 16, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 36
I just bought a set from CC. on sale this week for $60US

They're replacing a damaged set of E2Cs, cracked cables. I'm not very picky when it comes to sound, but really need isolation for my daily commute on the CTA.

First impression is they'll work out pretty well (at least at home). The wire is less stiff (albeit thinner) and the actual earpiece is much more comfortable in the ear. Note that the only other IEM I've tried are the E2Cs...and those needed to be pushed farther in the ear canal.

But anyway, I have a perfect fit with these CX300s and they seem to be blocking outside noises well and keeping my iPod volume low
tongue.gif

The sound is a bit muddy, I wouldn't go so far as to say bass drowns out everything but the clarity or crispness isn't here when there are many sounds...happening(?) at once. They do become more clear with acoustic songs, but become muddled when you're listening to a complete band.

I'm also getting some static out of these, and am wondering if it's linked to the plain jack, not the gold-plated jacks found on phones in the next tier.

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #34 of 36
Well, I had a reply from the seller. He simply stated he'd had no complaints to date and that he would refund me if I wanted to return them.

No comment at all regarding my question about whether they might be faulty or counterfeit. I think that speaks for itself.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think yours are fake, here is a good site to check them

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?p=101698

I bought a pair online from Ebay from a Asian dealer. I learned from Sennhesier themselves that 90% of the ones sold on ebay are fakes.

you weren't kidding! someone was pretty thorough. from the visual inspections that don't require breaking them open mine do indeed look to be real. and i got mine from an asian dealer on ebay for $29 shipped. guess that's why i like them!
cool.gif

thanks for that link!

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #36 of 36
It's probably a hype. I never heard the Senn's but I bought the EP630's after all the hyping. Contrary to what people said, they were absolute rubbish. I actually threw them away. 300 SEK down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back