Sennheiser CX300 change in retail price: 40 -> 70 euro
Apr 22, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cribeiro

100+ Head-Fier
I just cannot believe it... I live in Germany, and today in the library I took a look into the May release of the german magazine AUDIO, and saw that they changed the retail price of the Sennheiser cx300!!... They have tested the Sennheiser cx300 when they first hit the market, and they claimed the sound was great, specially for a 40 euro retail price. Well, the "sonic evaluation" did not change, but the price is now almost double... Accordingly, MediaMarkt sells them for 69 euro, so that you "can save 1 euro" with that "offer"...

I guess my wait until they go back to 40 euro will last forever... I know they won't sound like my Super.fi 5 pro, but anyway, I wanted them badly because of the incredible price/performance... "unverschaemt!", like germans would say...

And now I come to the question: were they just mistaking before, and thus loosing money, or are they now making an incredible profit? I guess it's the second...

Apr 22, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 11
I have to agree with you,they are completely over priced in Europe.I was thinking that i could get a pair for around 35-40 euro,i wasnt expecting nearer 60euro.I know you can prob get them cheaper on ebay but its not the point really.

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 11
You can pay a little attention on Amazon, so you maybe get a pair of CX300 in lower price. I bought a pair of cx300 only for 39.99 USD two months ago.
580smile.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 11
JIANNENGYU, thanks for the advice... I tried that, but they won't ship to Europe, not the good offers at least...

I guess the MARKET rules... I stayed off, because I did not want to contribute to that inflated price... But it seems it did not help...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by _LN_
Strange... The online store I bought mine from dropped the price to 35 Euro including shipping, down from 49 Euro which I paid less than 2 months ago.
frown.gif

Ellen

Would you mind to share that precious information with us, please? I am really wanting them badly, as I said... Can you provide a link? Thanks!

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cribeiro
Would you mind to share that precious information with us, please? I am really wanting them badly, as I said... Can you provide a link? Thanks!

http://www.mp3shop.nl/product/21147
These are the black ones, for 35 Euro -- the silver ones are still listed for 49 Euro including shipping.
As far as I can tell, they don't ship internationally, though.

Ellen

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by _LN_
http://www.mp3shop.nl/product/21147
These are the black ones, for 35 Euro -- the silver ones are still listed for 49 Euro including shipping.
As far as I can tell, they don't ship internationally, though.

Ellen

Thank you very much!! A friend of mine has bought them for me, he works here, and his parents will come from Netherlands somewhen in May, so I won't even pay the sending from there to Germany.

Great!

May 26, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 11
_LN_, I finally got them, and I am quite happy with them. Of course, they don't compare to my Super.fis, but what can you expect? I only regret they are somewhat analytical in the overall sound. Otherwise, they are ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back