Sennheiser CX200 ... fake?
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

pinguen

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of used Sennheiser CX200's. Up until now I have been using a pair of Apple In-Ear Headphones.

The problem with the CX200's is that the quality is absolutely horrid. Even a modest amount of bass results in terrible distortion.
triportsad.gif

My Apple pair sounds great under the same conditions (both on my laptop as well as my Rockbox'd Sansa c250).
smile_phones.gif

So I am wondering if these CX200's are fakes, or if they are just a bad model that I shouldn't have bought in the first place. I've posted some pictures below of my CX200's, if anybody can spot anything that might signify fakes. Thanks all.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. If I decide to go for a pair of CX300-S, what can I expect?

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 14
but it's looks doesn't like fake one...first it's good in quality just look at the 4th and 5th picture,maybe it's just the problem of your own sense.Don't be worry.
CX300 maybe better in bass

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomchen7666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe it's just the problem of your own sense.Don't be worry.

I'm not interested in heavy bass (or dumbass comments, for that matter), but it would be nice to have some bass without them sounding like a pair of generic Walmart headphones.

All in all, if these are real, then I'm very disappointed. They're either going to get returned or sold to somebody (although I would feel guilty charging anybody more than $10 for them).

@astroid:
Thanks, I'll look into the CX95's. The price is good enough that I can justify it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 14
Even though I haven't seen a comparison between a real and counterfeit CX200, I don't see anything that raises red flags. Either the CX200 is defective or, perhaps more likely, it's just a crappy earphone. I would try to get a refund if possible.

RE:CX95: You guys are killing me
tongue.gif
I've been wanting to get a pair for a while now, but unfortunately, these aren't offered here in the US, nor is it's replacement, the CX550. I'll just have to import them from the UK, but the worthless dollar is losing more and more of its value by the day.

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinguen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not interested in heavy bass (or dumbass comments, for that matter)...

that gave me a good laugh, haha.

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

I'm not interested in heavy bass (or dumbass comments, for that matter), but it would be nice to have some bass without them sounding like a pair of generic Walmart headphones.

All in all, if these are real, then I'm very disappointed. They're either going to get returned or sold to somebody (although I would feel guilty charging anybody more than $10 for them).

@astroid:
Thanks, I'll look into the CX95's. The price is good enough that I can justify it.
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe after burnt in will it sounds better.
and of course CX500 or CX95 is much better than CX300.i feel like that CX300 is just a earbud for computer game since it has the game version

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 14
Since when can you get CX200s? I know you can get 300's, they suck too.. I actually can't find CX200s on the Sennheiser site either, which is confirming my suspicions that there is no such thing as CX200s. I might be wrong. But this makes me think they're fakes.

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 14
The CX200 is definitely real: Sennheiser Worldwide - CX 200 Street II.

They have been available both here in the US and in Europe for a few months now, and was just released in Japan. Of course, if the OP's impressions are what we could expect of its sound quality, then (lack of) availability isn't an issue.
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The CX200 is definitely real: Sennheiser Worldwide - CX 200 Street II.

They have been available both here in the US and in Europe for a few months now, and was just released in Japan. Of course, if the OP's impressions are what we could expect of its sound quality, then (lack of) availability isn't an issue.
wink.gif

Ah, I was looking in the wrong place. I stand corrected.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomchen7666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe after burnt in will it sounds better.

What is the recommended procedure for burn-in? Loud volume, or something in the midde? How many hours would you recommend?

I'm new to this kind of stuffs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

What is the recommended procedure for burn-in? Loud volume, or something in the midde? How many hours would you recommend?

I'm new to this kind of stuffs.
smily_headphones1.gif

i feel like strange because the website in english tells us we'd better burn it in in a loud music volume.but in china almost everyone has the same idea not to burn it in a high volume.
i suggest that you just listen to it normally. after maybe 50H you will find it's improved in it's sound.
After that long time if you still doesn't like the sound of CX200,than you can find other earbuds that really fit you.i think maybe CX500 CX95 or even the most expensive CXs CX 6 will fits you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back