Sennheiser CX 880 Isolation/Fit problems
Jul 10, 2011 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Senzune

New Head-Fier
I bought mentioned device yesterday, only to find it doesn't quite fit as well as the CX 300 II did. 
Is there anyone with experience with these silicones? 

The problem is that S won't fit at all, Medium fits a bit, and Large fits but somehow not well enough to isolate as well as it would, and thus my bass levels aren't high enough.
They produce more bass if I hold them steady with my hands, but, I believe due to the cone design as opposed to the more cylindrical design from the CX 300, the buds can't stay in place.
Attempting to push the buds further into my ear canal results in even less isolation, oddly enough. Perhaps the cone-shape folds to leave room for air? 

I can bypass the problem with use of the old silicones - I take the L's of the 300, and attach it to the L's of the 880, so that the 300 L's are inside the 880 ones.
This provides me a good solution, isolation is better and bass is stronger, but I'd rather have replacement silicones.

Does anyone know which ones to get? Since the fits aren't the same as for the popular 300's..
Google isn't helping out either as all I get are official Sennheiser pages and retailer pages.

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 3
I've used the Sennhesier CX 880s for approximately 3-4 months now, and I have the same problem with noise isolation. These IEMs sound good when I'm in a quiet place, but sound isolation is very disappointing, meaning I have to turn my volume up every time I use these whilst travelling. Even with the increased volume, I cannot hear decent bass like I can without background noise.
I've been thinking of upgrading these, and I've got my eyes set on either the Sennheiser IE6s or the Monster Turbines, which are pretty similar in price where I'm from.

I've got my eyes on this thread, anyone got some answers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back