Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

turbobb

500+ Head-Fier
product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_1.jpg product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_4.jpg product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_5.jpg product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_6.jpg product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_7.jpg x1_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_Detail_2.jpg x1_desktop_Sennheiser_CX_6_00_BT_Detail_4.jpg

CX 6.00 BT
A true heavy-weight in sound, clad in an ultra-light-weight frame, the Sennheiser CX 6.00BT wireless in-ear headset is everything you need to enjoy your music and videos on the go. It offers superior fit and comfort, while advanced wireless technology makes sure that it sounds every bit like a Sennheiser should. With its intuitive controls, robust build, and long battery life the CX 6.00BT is bound to make your everyday more pleasurable, anywhere you go.

Cut through the wire, enjoy in freedom.
With the CX 6.00BT wireless in-ear headset adding the driving force of great Sennheiser sound to your everyday life has never been easier, or lighter, for the matter. Delivering superb stereo sound from a 14-gram frame, offering great wearing comfort and working seamlessly with your smart mobile device, there is no reason not to have it with you – always. Go wireless. Every day.

The full Sennheiser sound package
The CX 6.00BT may be ultra-light but that’s forgotten as soon as you hear the sound of the proprietary speaker system. It makes music a pleasure to listen to. Clear and detailed and with a profound bass response. So, it’s not what you see, it’s what you hear!
Brilliant wireless sound
New wireless technology just sounds great. The CX 6.00BT is fitted with Bluetooth 4.2 and Qualcomm® apt-X™ to ensure true Sennheiser sound. While Qualcomm® apt-X™ Low Latency compatibility enhances gaming or video viewing by keeping audio transmission perfectly in sync with the visuals. So, you can enjoy your program to the full – and all the freedom and flexibility of wireless listening.

Everything under intuitive control
The CX 6.00BT is a fully equipped headset with advanced features like convenient multi-connection capability, which enables pairing with up to two devices simultaneously. Making and taking calls is a breeze thanks to the integrated microphone and the 3-way calling support. The threebutton remote lets you control your music and calls with your fingertips. Convenient voice prompts enhance ease of use even further by notifying you about incoming calls and the battery status.

Feather-light and comfortable
The CX 6.00BT provides unsurpassed comfort and security: Its around-the-neck cable design minimizes the drag of the angled ergonomic earpieces to ensure that they stay in place. For a personalized fit, it comes with ear adaptors in four sizes (XS, S, M, L). This also guarantees excellent attenuation of ambient noise, even in busy environments.

Always with you
The CX 6.00BT has been especially tailored as a companion for music enthusiasts with a mobile lifestyle. Hence its sixhour battery life with fast charging option via USB that adds two hours charge in just ten minutes. After only 1.5 hours the CX 6.00BT is fully charged and ready to take on just about every street, thanks to robust Sennheiser build quality and high quality durable materials.

Technical Data
  • Color: black
  • Frequency response: 17-21,000 Hz
  • Sound pressure level (SPL): 112 dB (1kHz/0 dBFS)
  • Battery Specification: Lithium-ion polymer
  • Bluetooth: Version 4.2
  • THD + N, total harmonic distortion and noise: <0.5% (1kHz, 100dB)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 10
I only saw a mention of it, so I figured I'd start a dedicated post as I'm really looking forward to receiving them. They are the first BT earbuds with aptX LL (as far as I know but please feel free to correct me) and I also like that they feature multi-point and that they'll provide 2hrs of listening with a 10 minute quick charge (though not sure how that affects the longevity of the battery). Not as articulate as some but will post some impressions when I get them.

@Sennheiser - Any ideas when they'll start shipping? Also, are there any apps planned for it?

EDIT: Images are from Sennheiser's website, will remove them if not permissible.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 10
Alas, BT5 is just taking root and not too many devices currently feature it. Of course one can always wait or be satisfied with current tech and enjoy them now. :wink: Aside from the Liberty+ I'm not aware of any BT5 available for sale right now (and even that doesn't have aptX LL which I'm keenly interested in). Are you aware of any other earbuds with BT5 or aptX LL for sale now?

Thx!

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 10
BT 5 is a huge step over BT 4.2 because of low latency, 4x longer range, energy efficiency etc. The best choice seems to go for combo of Bluewave the GET and a good headphones. I am leaning to FiiO F9 pro, but still waiting for any discount on Amazon. My budget is unfortunately strict like 200 usd.

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #6 of 10
BT 5 is a huge step over BT 4.2 because of low latency, 4x longer range, energy efficiency etc. The best choice seems to go for combo of Bluewave the GET and a good headphones. I am leaning to FiiO F9 pro, but still waiting for any discount on Amazon. My budget is unfortunately strict like 200 usd.

I did consider the GET, but apparently they introduce a lot of hissing for most easy-to-drive IEMs (low impedance), which is a huge turn off. Also not to mention the volume knob is too easy to turn, causing potential hearing damage.

I'm really interested in how the CX6.00 will sound, will wait for reviews before making a decision.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 10
XT202408_SM.JPG
I have these for a few weeks now and feel it was a good effort but flawed in execution. Main reason I got it was it's the only BT earbud with aptX LL (aside from Optoma NuForce BE Free8) and in that regard it doesn't disappoint. I watched movies and conducted my video editing with no audio sync issues. I love the powerful impactful bass but the treble is just a tad too hot for me and bordering on sibilant but given everyone's hearing is different, I don't necessarily consider that a big issue (just for me it is).

However, where I feel the CX 6.00 BT has a major flaw is with the multi-point connection. Once connected to two sources, it's like it latches on to one and refuses to play the other. For example, if I just finished video editing on my PC and am no longer playing audio from it then I play music on my phone, it flat out refuses to switch over. The only time it will override the source is for an incoming call. I've had other BT headphones that are able to switch between sources without any issues. So this was one major strike. The other issue is the build quality. Overall it's just a bit plasticky and the half that the wire is connected to creates a grating plastic noise when pushed against the half that holds the ear bud tips. It doesn't give me confidence that it'll hold up in the long run. I really wanted to love these and keep them and could've learned to live with the hot treble with a little EQ. However, the multi-point issue and the creaking plastic leads me on the path to returning these. Hopefully an updated version will address these issues and exude the quality that the typical Sennheiser product does.

Attachments

• XT202416_SM.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 4, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for sharing turbobb, sign of hot treble is a deal breaker for me. As for multipoint issues, it might be more of a problem with Bluetooth on PC than with the earphones themselves. Have you tried switching between two mobile sources instead (Android / IOS)? I have a similar problem with my Jabra Move, but only when being first connected to the Win 10 PC with Intel 8260 BT card.

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 10
I'm actually using Avantree's TC418 w/my PC but regardless even if connected between two phones (e.g. LG V30 & iPhone 6) the problem persists. Some additional points I didn't include in my original summary:

Connectivity
Generally OK but not great, there are spots in the city where if the phone is in my pocket, it'll glitch a lot. The range is decent as long as it has line of sight.

CapTune
So this is Sennheiser's "free" app [it does gather data of course ;o)] that is compatible with select models. It seems like it could be useful especially their Sound Check function that takes you through 8 steps of pre-defined EQ curves at an attempt to create one that suits your tastes best but the rest of the app like the Player especially was just so darn slow and laggy. It also didn't pull in my library correctly. This was running on my LG V30 so if it's slow on my phone I can't imagine how it'd be on slower phones...

I was really hoping to stick with these since it'd be nice not to wear even on-ear's during hot summers but looks like I'll need to do that again for now. I'm hopeful for other brands to come out with aptX LL earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back