Sennheiser CX 550 -or- Sony MDR EX500LP?
May 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #31 of 34
Yeah I'll try to - not sure how valuable my feedback will be mind you.

And yeah it's no problem - seen many mentioning the burn-in these want.

Just to be clear though, what is actually involved in burning them in? Is it sufficient to just use them as normal and wait for them to slowly settle in, or should I actually play music/sound through them for a prolonged period? If the latter, how long would you say?

May 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #32 of 34
well burn in is just time with sound playing on them, since they like quite a lot like about 200 hours what id suggest is listen to them, know they will get better and when they arent in your ears keep them playing noise, either music or whit / pink noise. i use white pink and brown for 1 min each and repeated. now 200 hours is a long time like an entire week. so see why you want to let them keep playing even when your not listening to them. it would just take forever otherwise.

many use a radio on static, just make sure its not too loud, something you would be happy to listen to but reasonably loud. its kinda like a new car needing a run in, dynamic driver earphones like the 7 need a little time to find their legs.

May 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #33 of 34
Okay then, so ordinary static playing through the phones at a listenable, but loud volume level while I'm not using them. Will do that.

By the way, what is pink and brown noise? never heard of either
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back