Sennheiser CX 400 II vs under 100 euro In-Ear headphones
Oct 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chocomel

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have the Sennheiser CX 400 II in-ear headphones, the cable is about to break at the end (3th time lols) but it's still working for now.

I've been looking around for another in-ear phones, but I'm wondering if I can find anything below 100 euro (120 dollar) that significantly outperforms the Sennheiser CX 400 II? I've seen the Sennheiser IE 60 but one reviewer said it wasn't that much better than the CX 400 II.
I dont mind trying other brands, as long as its good sound quality and the in-ear headphones dont weigh too much (dont like the feeling of it hanging on my ears.)

Will I notice significant better audio quality (on just mp3 files played with an Ipod touch) if I buy something of +/- 100 euro? Or is it a waste of cash and should I just stick to the CX 400 II?
I'd prefer not to buy an amplifier, since I'll be using it only when I'm on the road so I cant carry it with me comfortably.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 5
I dunno about CX400 but yes, the difference will be huge if you pick the right model for you. Once you get used to the better model and try the CX400 (or something similar), you won't believe how you could ever listen to that.

As always, ljokerl's multi review is good help. The difference between e.g. 5/10 and 8/10 sound is massive. You'll see.

Of course it also depends on the music style and quality of the audio files.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you, that list is very good!

VSONIC R07 GR07 Pro Dynamic Noise isolation earphones earbuds for 150 dollars, which ranks very high on the score list. This seems like a good deal then?
I could also get the Brainwavz B2 for 129$.
I'm wondering which one I would prefer more...
I read all the faqs about warm and analytical sound and GR07 is suppose to be warm (and boring?) and the B2 analytical (With high trebble and brightness).

I listen to rock/pop/urban/indie music. Which one would be preferred in this situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back