Sennheiser CX 300 vs. Bose earbuds. Which sound better?
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Superhero Bob

New Head-Fier
I bet you guys thought you wouldn't hear from me again! Surprise, surprise! Well, I finally bought a par of earbuds. They're a par of Sennheiser CX 300. They are by far the best par of headphones I've owned so far. The bass sounds boomy, though. I thought about buying a pair of Bose earbuds instead of these, but being I've read mixed reviews of them I choose these instead. Do the Bose sound better than these? If so, I might take these back and get the Bose. Any help? Thanks!

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 10
im so surprised my keyboard just fell over

Jun 26, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 10
I'd say the Sennheisers. From what I've read here, the Bose headphones get a ripping. I've seen good reviews of the Sennheisers.

I'd stick with the Sennheisers or go for a "dream pair" of high end IEMs.

Jun 26, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Depending on what you are willing to spend, there are probably better options. For about $100, you can get Head-Direct RE2, Westone UM1, Etymotic ER6i and several others that are clearly better than the CX300. I know nothing about the Bose but they don't get promoted here much. The only one I've heard is the CX300, which I have and is definitely mediocre.

Edit: I should add that Sennheiser now has the CX400 and CX500, which people say have less boomy bass and better high-end detail.

Jun 26, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 10
Can you buy any of the earphones you just mentioned at Best Buy and/or Circuit City? I bought the Sennheiser at Circuit City and paid $80 for them. I don't have a problem with spending $20 more if it means a couple of steps up in quality.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #6 of 10
wow, you paid $80 for those? you can find the Etymotic ER6i online for around that price, maybe even cheaper and they are much better.

check it out:

Etymotic ER6i-BLK-C - Isolator Earphones - Black - ER6I-BLK-C - Buy.com

** note on there that you can get $10 off your order if you are a first time user of Google Checkout which brings them to about $75 shipping included.

*** It should also be noted that most of these suggestions are in-ear monitors, which means they go deep inside the ear canal. it sounds weird but they are actually fine. just make sure that they seal firmly inside your ear or else they'll sound like crap.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 10
Also note that you should have an idea whether or not your ears can tolerate something inside them before buying expensive headphones.

If you're comfortable in earplugs, these should work fine. They shouldn't take too much time to get used to.

If you can't stand aything in your ear or wearing an earplug bothers you ear, they're not for you.
----------------------
They really are fine. It sounds strange at first, sticking something IN your ear(feels weird too), but they're great when you get used to it. A great listening experience.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #8 of 10
The bose earbuds were my first pair of earbuds.....going from them to ety's i realized i was missing so many details. the bass on the bose' are just to much...stick with the sennheisers, unless of course that is what you are looking for.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 10
I've noted previously that I can't shop online, which is a real shame because I know that if I shopped online, I would've gotten these a lot cheaper. On that note, getting the Etymotic ER6i is impossible. Still, like I said before, these are the best pair of headphones I've owned, and now since I know that the Bose earbuds are likely inferior, I feel satisfied. You guys have honestly been a great help, and if I ever need any advice when buying headphones you people will probably be the first I'll go to.

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #10 of 10
Bose sound better definitely. But, it's kinda unfair to compare both of them due to their difference in price. I suggest, it's better to buy something else.
If u r looking for IEM, Ety can be a good start.
But if you don't mind earbud, Yuin PK2 or OK2 has very2 good sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back