Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Feb 15, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #481 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried smaller sizes? because there shouldnt be any discomfort. they are way more comfortable than earbuds (mx400) imo

I tried all 3. The smallest feels the best but still not comfortable enough for me.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #484 of 554
I just wanted to say a couple things.

I have been trying to get a set of these for a while, and bought some off of ebay a little while ago. They were claimed to be OEM headphones, and the seller assured me they were authentic. However, they are fakes. Just like the ones linked to on http://www.foster.co.jp/products/headphones/382326.html are fakes. You can tell by the mini jack. Real CX300's have a 90º mini jack, while these fakes have a straight mini jack. Not only that, but the minijack is not mated at all with the cord. (See the attatched photo.)

The sound quality of the fakes could be worse, but it isn't even as good as my $10 sony's. All of the midtones are very muffled, and can't be recovered through an equalizer. Highs are poorly managed and shrill. (Just trying to listen to Bring Me to Life by Evanesence is a painful experience.) There is plenty of bass, but it is very boomy. (Kinda reminds me of Logitech speakers in that repsect. Plenty of bass, but not well defined.)

I am hoping to get some real ones within the next couple weeks though. I'm just going to keep looking for a good price, since the best that I have found so far is about $60 once you add in shipping.

And sorry about the bad pic, but it is the best that I can manage in the lighting I am in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #485 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredjikrang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been trying to get a set of these for a while, and bought some off of ebay a little while ago. They were claimed to be OEM headphones, and the seller assured me they were authentic.

The sound quality of the fakes could be worse, but it isn't even as good as my $10 sony's. All of the midtones are very muffled, and can't be recovered through an equalizer. Highs are poorly managed and shrill. (Just trying to listen to Bring Me to Life by Evanesence is a painful experience.) There is plenty of bass, but it is very boomy. (Kinda reminds me of Logitech speakers in that repsect. Plenty of bass, but not well defined.)

Honestly, why don't you just buy the EP630s?
Heard the CX300 is shrillier than the EP630s. Other then that, similar enough not to warrant the price disparity.

If you still want them, you could get the silver (more attractive version, IMHO) for $56 w. free shipping at ZipZoomFly.
I've ordered memory from then and remembered that they processed my order fairly quickly. Shipping to Jersey was free and took ONLY 3 days from CA! Great seller.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #486 of 554
Yeah, I have been considering the Creatives actually. I probably will end up getting them, especially since the price is so low on them. I am hopping to get a refund on the ebay junk, and if I do it would pretty much pay for the EP630's. Otherwise I will have to wait for my tax refund. Or I could try the Razer Pro|Tone m100's. Same look, and similar price to the EP630's. . .

I will probably stick to either the CX300's or EP630's though. They seem to be a bit more standard.

Thanks for the ZipZoom tip!

Mar 6, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #487 of 554
Quote:

I have been trying to get a set of these for a while, and bought some off of ebay a little while ago. They were claimed to be OEM headphones, and the seller assured me they were authentic. However, they are fakes. Just like the ones linked to on http://www.foster.co.jp/products/headphones/382326.html are fakes. You can tell by the mini jack. Real CX300's have a 90º mini jack, while these fakes have a straight mini jack. Not only that, but the minijack is not mated at all with the cord. (See the attatched photo.)

I am hoping to get some real ones within the next couple weeks though. I'm just going to keep looking for a good price, since the best that I have found so far is about $60 once you add in shipping.

And sorry about the bad pic, but it is the best that I can manage in the lighting I am in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those earphones in the link I posted before are OEM products, the reason why the mini jack is different is that, Sennheiser asks them to produce that way. Check the middle of this page it says clearly that they are based on Foster 382326........

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #488 of 554
Until I hear it from Sennheiser directly I won't beleive it. I own those "OEM" headphones, (At least I would assume they are the same. They have the exact same mini jack.) and they are peices of junk. No offence, but I trust my ears more than allexperts.com.
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides, on that site it only says that they are "based on design FOSTER 382326 [1]" They may just be talking about the case (exterior), and not the actual drivers.

A question though, have you actually bought a pair from Foster? If you have, I would be interested in comparing with you to find out if that really is where my phones came from.

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #489 of 554
Quote:

Until I hear it from Sennheiser directly I won't beleive it. I own those "OEM" headphones, (At least I would assume they are the same. They have the exact same mini jack.) and they are peices of junk. No offence, but I trust my ears more than allexperts.com.
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides, on that site it only says that they are "based on design FOSTER 382326 [1]" They may just be talking about the case (exterior), and not the actual drivers.

A question though, have you actually bought a pair from Foster? If you have, I would be interested in comparing with you to find out if that really is where my phones came from.

I feel sorry that you bought something fake and I understand that it's been a tough situation for you. Take it as you lesson and buy smarter next time.

And I couldn't compare the Foster one with you because they only sell them(again, as OEM product) to Sennheiser(as CX 300), AKG (K324P), Sharp(MD33)...etc

Happy listening..

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #490 of 554
Yeah it has been annoying, but they are refunding part of what I paid for them, so I am getting over it.

I am wondering though. If they only sell them to those companies, then why does it have a different mini jack than what the companies use? Wouldn't they be ready to go straight from Foster?

I don't know. *shrug* I just know to beware of ebay sellers, and too good to be true prices.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #491 of 554
Quote:

Yeah it has been annoying, but they are refunding part of what I paid for them, so I am getting over it.

I am wondering though. If they only sell them to those companies, then why does it have a different mini jack than what the companies use? Wouldn't they be ready to go straight from Foster?

I don't know. *shrug* I just know to beware of ebay sellers, and too good to be true prices.
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe they sell straight mini jack in some markets, for example, there are somebody who wants to upgrade their cell phone's earphone may prefer straight mini jack

Even those phones I mentioned before are based on 382326, they're somewhat different because they(AKG, Sen, Creative...)what their products to have their own characteristics

My friend bought EP630 on ebay have L shape jack and I bought mine from Zellers(like Wal-Mart) and it has straight type but they sound exactly the same...So there are too many variations

If they didn't refund to you, just leave them negative feedback....

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #493 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by blehmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to bump this thread but I am wondering if anyone has compared the cx300 to the moda vibes. Anyone out there

Although I have the ep630 and ovct25 and are different brands, they are practically the same as cx300 and vibes. What I can say is that the ep630s still have highs but they do not make any effort to make it sparkle. It is still good but not as great as the t25s. But, the ep630s have very deep and impactful bass which dominates over the t25s and makes the t25s have weak bass sound.

I also have the ksc75s and imo it dominates them both in the highs. So the t25s/vibes are actually in the middle ground between them both. The isolation in the t25s are sort of similar to earbuds so dont expect much. What i would do is buy the ep630s/cx300s/md33/razer m100 which ever is cheapest and buy a ksc75.

I also had recabled k81s and it blew everything away in SQ, except i didnt like the headband and some discomfort and for that i sold it.

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #494 of 554
Thanks very much for the detailed comparison. I have ksc75s for clipons, super fi 5 for isolation, and I want one that is partially isolated and so I thought about the cx300 and vibes. So I have two more questions M2 (or anyone else) if you will allow me: how much isolation is there with the cx300 and how would you compare their soundstages (I guess headstage would be a better word)?

Mar 18, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #495 of 554
I've walked past a moving cement truck and with the ep630s on, they sound like if you had a water bottle and scraped it along a desk. It still blocks quite a bit. On a bus or a train, they are quite quite as well. I went back to try the ksc75 in the rain near a busy road and on a bus and that was a pretty bad experience for my eardrums.
The sound stage on the t25s are more nasial than any of the phones and you can call it more muddy if you want. I've only burnt each of them in for around 30-40 hours though.

Take a look at the iGrados as well. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198761
I havent tried them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back