Sennheiser CX-300 Authentic or Not
Oct 31, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #46 of 49
After selling a batch loads of them "OEM". You'll noticed that the seller won't exist anymore. Happened to me, although the "OEM" performs well, if you don't compare it the the real Senn.
etysmile.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #47 of 49
i have a pair of sennheisers CX300, hey came in a nice retail package that looks exactly like the ones they sell at Futureshop and Best Buy. I dont know how they sound though because I only have a RS110 (which i find more "open" than the CX300), and a pair of HD437s (which i find worse than the RS110). Any idea how i can find out if theyre authentic without opening them?

I looked on the ebay link with the "see if it is authentic" and it fits the outer critera of the authentic ones...

TIA

Kipper

Dec 2, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #49 of 49
i myself own a pair of what i assume to be authentic cx300 silver.

the main initial differences i can see between the authentic and fake earbuds is this..

1. cord/plug on REAL cx300 is a dull rubbery material. FAKE is shiny.
2. the little stork with L-R printed on it, that houses the strain relief is much shorter and the L-R printing itself is thinner/smaller on the REAL cx300.
3. metal grill sits deeper in the sound tube on the REAL cx300.

these are the obvious aesthetic differences without having to dissmantle the buds for driver comparisons...

REAL cx300 has a bass heavy V sound signature, sligtly recessed mids, deep bass, nice crisp treble overall and a warm presentation with slight sibilance.

IMHO :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back