Sennheiser Customer Service
Dec 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a problem with my modified 580s (a broken "shoehorn" according to Senn) that may or may not have something to do with something else I own, a 130 pound Great Dane puppy. The phones are less than a year old, but I really didn't want to be without them for the holidays, so I asked if I could just get the part shipped so that I could do the repair myself. I was even willing to pay for the part because of the suspected role Baxter (yes, he's bilingual) played in the damage. "Not a problem" says Mary Jo, "we'll ship it out no charge, just send us the damaged part when you get the chance so we can see what went wrong". How cool is that?

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 15
With all the companies across various industries that have horrible customer service, it is great to actually hear when a company gets it right. Thanks for posting, and thanks to Sennheiser - the manufacturer of my next headphone purchase.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 15
my hd650 cable that was "shipped" on 12/5 from CT still hasnt arrived in MD
frown.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my hd650 cable that was "shipped" on 12/5 from CT still hasnt arrived in MD
frown.gif

I got my headband yesterday, which was 15 days with Christmas and New Years in between. I must say, Senn must have a really strange crew in the shipping department. I once ordered a set of 600 grilles and received them packed in a huge box full of air pillows. The headband was crammed (no exaggeration) into a tiny box with no packing whatsoever and the box had a big hole in it. Luckily, there was no damage to the headband.

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a broken "shoehorn" according to Senn

What is the shoehorn?

Anyway, I think Sennheiser customer service has gone downhill here in Australia recently. I was sent a wrong cable, had to send it back, never got the correct one to replace it. Had to ring them - they could not explain why they did not send me the replacement. And their store website has been down for weeks now.

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

I once ordered a set of 600 grilles and received them packed in a huge box full of air pillows.

At least they were padded. Unlike an irver T60 I once bought that was in a box which could fit 100 of them but had nothing else inside apart from air.

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the shoehorn?

A "shoehorn" is the U shaped part that holds the ear cup. It's not available as a separate part so you have to order the whole headband assembly (051090).

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

A "shoehorn" is the U shaped part that holds the ear cup. It's not available as a separate part so you have to order the whole headband assembly (051090).

$53.xx shipped (UPS) I should have ordered the 650 headband instead, but didnt think of it or have a partnumber.

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 15
I need to replace my HD580 headband; it's broken in two. Would the headband be hard for me to replace if I ordered the part?

And I don't find the headband, part 051090, available through Sennheiser's site. So I would need to call or email them to order it?

I sent Sennheiser an email through their site yesterday asking how much it would cost to repair my headband, but I have yet to receive their reply.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to replace my HD580 headband; it's broken in two. Would the headband be hard for me to replace if I ordered the part?

And I don't find the headband, part 051090, available through Sennheiser's site. So I would need to call or email them to order it?

I sent Sennheiser an email through their site yesterday asking how much it would cost to repair my headband, but I have yet to receive their reply.

It takes about a minute to replace the headband. Just use a plastic knife to pop the shoehorns off of the earcups and put the new shoehorns into place and give them a little squeeze with your thumb and middle finger, they'll pop right in. The pickslip states the headband part number as "H05190 HEADBAND, HD580". Don't use email, call 860-434-9190 and speak (or leave a message for) Mary Jo at ext 160. After about five or six Sennheiser dealings in the past year or so, I'm pretty sure she IS the customer service, warranty, repair and parts departments. It might take her a day or so to get back to you, but hey, she's only one person doing all the real work of four departments for a pretty large company.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 15
When taking off the pads for my HD485s I accidently broke one of the clips that holds a circle that holds the driver grille and the pads on, I told them that exactly and that it might make noise after a while. They accepted the RMA and I sent it in, they then said it would cost me, the customer service representative said, eh, and just made it free, just like that.

Senn <3

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

It takes about a minute to replace the headband. Just use a plastic knife to pop the shoehorns off of the earcups and put the new shoehorns into place and give them a little squeeze with your thumb and middle finger, they'll pop right in. The pickslip states the headband part number as "H05190 HEADBAND, HD580". Don't use email, call 860-434-9190 and speak (or leave a message for) Mary Jo at ext 160. After about five or six Sennheiser dealings in the past year or so, I'm pretty sure she IS the customer service, warranty, repair and parts departments. It might take her a day or so to get back to you, but hey, she's only one person doing all the real work of four departments for a pretty large company.

Excellent, and thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back