Sennheiser Appreciation - My personal thanks to Sennheiser.
Jan 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to say thank you to Sennheiser. I'd like to express my happiness with your products in full, as I've never once been unhappy with any of your headphones. They've really changed my life and made it so much more enjoyable. Nothing is more important to me than my music. I am not sure where I'd be without it.

I was first converted to a true audiophile the day the Sennheiser HD 485 was released. Prior to this day, I had struggled to find an instrument of listening to my liking and my needs. I was unsuccessful for many years. During my high school years, 2001-2004, I was known as the local audiophile, but I never really made the move to even semi-audiophile grade headphones yet. People would often come to me asking questions about my headphones, as I seemed to be the only person willing to carry around nice cans. People would often walk past my lunch room table and laugh at me for using a full sized set to listen to my music. They'd ask "Why are you using those?" and proceed to laugh. I made it priority to produce and inquiry of my own in reply to these people: "Unhook your headphones from your CD player and plug these in, take a listen. This is why I use them."

Needless to say the expression on their face quickly turned from
biggrin.gif
to =0 100% of the time. Sometimes I would see these people a short time later with new fancy headphones of their own...

I can say I've converted hundreds of people into the brotherhood of audiophiles in my time. Over time, it became an obsession. Buying and collection, reselling and eventually opening up my own seasonal Audio shop in my city.

Over the years I've come to own so many various sets of headphones, I can't begin to list them here due to the fatigue I may have to endure from typing up such a list. All I can say is there isn't one set of Sennheiser Headphones that I own that I dislike. Not one set that has ever let me down or made me feel cheated out of my money.

I wanted to welcome the Sennheiser PMX100s into the family. I really enjoy them and I feel they kicked me over the edge in forcing me to post this thank you topic. I am kind of stunned by them. For such a price, they provide this level of amazing quality? *high five

So again, thank you Sennheiser. Thank you for providing me with so many years of audio bliss. It's not to say the other brands aren't any good. It's just that they've yet to earn by absolute devotion and respect. Im not the only one who loves Sennheiser, it seems my cat enjoys you as well.
beyersmile.png

katiegif.gif

katieheadphones.jpg

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I agree in the limited experience I've had. I'm pretty new the world of higher end music equipment, and I own one set of IEM's (IE7) and one set of home cans, (HD580) which came today infact, and they're both fantastic (wasn't expecting much from the HD580's straight out of my soundcard, they were suprisingly pleasant though) I can't wait to listen to them tomorrow, when my turntable, phono stage, and amplifier comes.

Although I won't disregard other companies products, Sennheiser will most likely be the first place I look when I want to upgrade in the future.

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 6
I agree. I've had an open mind on brands for many years, but after trying most of the others I'm fast coming to the conclusion that Sennheiser has the sound I like. Haven't heard the HD800, which seems to be some sort of departure, but the HD650 seems to me the most musical of phones, deliberately designed to emulate a live orchestra without any emphasised frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back