Sennheiser Amperior worth keeping?
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
I got the sennheiser amperior AGAIN, because I felt like I somehow wasn't being honest with myself and was over thinking it the first time around. I got them again and I still cannot fall in love with these headphones. I feel that they're uncomfortable, but are all on ear headphones that are also portable like the DT1598 and Hd25-1 ii also uncomfortable? I feel like this is the only option, and the highest quality possible for on ear. I wouldn't want the beyerdynamics because of the non-detachable cord which could get wrecked. 

If  return these again, I feel like I may never find another good portable headphones. I imagine the Momentums wouldn't be good for me because I doubt I could run with those without having the sweat ruin the inside or something. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn't fault any set of on-ear headphones for being noisy when riding a bike.
My Momentums form a perfect seal on my head, but I can still hear the wind hitting the headphones.
For bike rides without wind noise you'll need some IEMs. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 5
I just don't know if I should return them or not. Sure they may not be great with metal, which is probably my favorite genre next to shoegaze, but I just don't know if I'd be able to find a better alternative to the Bose headphones I own for portable use. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 5
If you don't enjoy them, and you don't lose anything from returning them, just do it.
The best thing you can do is find a shop where you can audition as many headphones as possible and go from there. Or do some research on IEMs. 

A lot of headphones require a good seal to sound their best - if the amperiors sound like poo and you can hear a lot of wind when out and about, you probably aren't getting a perfect seal and may need to look for circumaural headphones (full size). Other on-ear headphones may work as they are all different sizes and materials, but on-ear headphones won't ever seal as well as full size headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back