Sennheiser Amperior vs Sony MDR MA900 for gaming
Nov 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Charlesbian

New Head-Fier
I'm coming straight off Grado sr60's and am looking to move to a more comfortable headphone for primarily gaming.

Right now I'm seeing a Sennheiser Amperior on newegg for $129 and was curious if that was a good enough deal to choose it over the MA900 at $200?

Of course if you have other suggestions on a superior gaming headphone at or below $200 please let me know

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Hmmm weird how no one answered your question but im going to answer basing myself off MLEs guide...MA900 over those Sennies wins any day. Plus the price tells you everything as well. The MA900 seems like a more balanced headphone, has a wider sound stage and is still a fun headphone that immerses you into the game and very clear in picking up details, especially using with surround sound.

I ordered some a couple days ago and should be here soon.

Go grab some because they are now discontinued and are like 225 right.now on amazon

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I own the Amperiors and love them a lot. However for gaming I use the HD598. Any open headphone with good directionality and a wide open soundstage is better than the Amperiors. I wouldn't recommend them for gaming. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome headphones, but for gaming, nope.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back