Sennheiser amperior or vmoda m80 for metal?
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

ryan2196

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get the perfect portable headphone for listening to metal. I have narrowed it two these two. So which is better? Isolation durability portability and sound quality are the most important to me.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 28
The isolation on the M80 is not that great.  If you are interested in an IEM which is much better at isolating your music from the surroundings take a look at Joker's IEM thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-284-iems-compared-sony-mh1c-added-06-09-13-p-704#post_6492044

What is your budget?

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 28
Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 28
Isolation-sennheisers

Durability-M80's

I think the sennheisers are a better more resolving headphone and the M80's really don't have as much bass punch as you would think the sennheisers actually probably have more. The M80's don't isolate well but they are pretty durable, metal and very bendy.

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 28
Isolation-sennheisers

Durability-M80's

I think the sennheisers are a better more resolving headphone and the M80's really don't have as much bass punch as you would think the sennheisers actually probably have more. The M80's don't isolate well but they are pretty durable, metal and very bendy.

I care most about sound. Which are better for metal in your opinion?

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:
I care most about sound. Which are better for metal in your opinion?

As far as rock and metal I find the Grado Sr80s and the V Moda M80s to be very nice. Of course they work great with all types of music, but the "attack" is quite enjoyable on both (especially on the SR80s), but metal was nice. Although if you are going to wear them at school, I would say go with either of the Senns (mentioned earlier) of the M80s. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 28
As far as rock and metal I find the Grado Sr80s and the V Moda M80s to be very nice. Of course they work great with all types of music, but the "attack" is quite enjoyable on both (especially on the SR80s), but metal was nice. Although if you are going to wear them at school, I would say go with either of the Senns (mentioned earlier) of the M80s. 

Yeah if only there were closed Grados :frowning2: so do the m80s have decent isolation?

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 28
I'm liking the amperiors alot! They isolate very well, and are super portable. I also like the look. Having an idevice is a good bonus. As far as listening to metal the treble is amazing and does do distortion on guitars well. The only downside is that vocals seem behind everything else. A good example is screw**g hostile by Pantera. If i didnt know the lyrics by heart i would have no idea what phil was saying.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 28
I'm liking the amperiors alot! They isolate very well, and are super portable. I also like the look. Having an idevice is a good bonus. As far as listening to metal the treble is amazing and does do distortion on guitars well. The only downside is that vocals seem behind everything else. A good example is screw**g hostile by Pantera. If i didnt know the lyrics by heart i would have no idea what phil was saying.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #15 of 28
I am glad you are liking them. I just got mine in the other day and really like them too. I don't find the lyrics hard to understand but everyone hears a little differently. Do yourself a favor and stay away from 5 Finger Death Punch with these headphones, I am not a fan myself but a good friend of mine is and to me it is the only band with a real problem with the sounds. I forgtet the word but words ending in S and F sounds are unbearable but I haven't found this to be the case with any other vocalist. 

Enjoy the cans, one Amperior Lover to another. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back