Sennheiser Amperior cable
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Using my google-fu I came across this: https://www.amazon.com/NEW-NEOMUSICIA-Replacement-Compatible-Sennheiser/dp/B01LNY02UE
where the buyer did this: "Bought this cable as a replacement for my Sennheiser Amperior. Even though the Amperior has that goofy integrated cable clamp with a female plug hanging off the end, these worked great. Here's what I did:

First, kudos to the seller for including a torx screwdriver to make removing the stock cable a piece of cake. I thought about ordering a replacement cable clamp (for the HD25-II) from Sennheiser, but I really just wanted to try this out and make sure it works first. So, with a pair of wire cutters, I carefully clipped the three wires that are attached to the Amperior integrated cable clamp (two on the top, one on the bottom). They cut easily and cleanly.

Next, I set the cables into the clamp with the black shrink-wrapped portion just above the clamp. (Looks at the seller's pictures of the cable and you'll see the black part right before the left and right cables come out from the main wire.) The cool thing about these cables is that they're relatively flat, so it's thin enough to fit into the clamp and still get the torx screws to catch. I had to press down a little while turning the screwdriver, but it's very secure and looks totally stock.

My silver Amperiors now look just like an HD 25-II Aluminum. And the blue color looks very classy against the silver aluminum earcups and black headband. It's basically the "Adidias" blue, so if you wanted to, you could order the correct cable clamp along with the Adidas blue ear cushions and head cushion and have a pretty custom-looking set of headphones." and then gave it 5 stars.
Seems legit, that's what I'd do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back