sennheiser 660s have sense do a cable upgrade? TY
Dec 19, 2020 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Baoh

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I have bought Sennheiser HD660s after have so many issue with Focal Elear and return to the seller. The HD660 S (2019 edition) sound great, they have a nice quality/price.

The question is, it make sense to upgrade the 6.35 Jack cable?
I see some site like "periaptcables" and it cost 82 € (the headphone 450€) then I would a suggestion from you expert. In your opinion we have a real upgrade of the sound?
I use a Yamaha AV 880 as amply, and lossless audio.

If yes have you got a good suggestion about the manufacturer?

Tx for the advice

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi guys,
I have bought Sennheiser HD660s after have so many issue with Focal Elear and return to the seller. The HD660 S (2019 edition) sound great, they have a nice quality/price.

I see some site like "periaptcables" and it cost 82 € (the headphone 450€) then I would a suggestion from you expert. In your opinion we have a real upgrade of the sound?

Tx for the advice
Hi guys,

Tx for the advice
I have two suggestions, which are reasonably close to your location, for HD660 cable upgrades: Custom Cans (U.K.) and Forza Audio Works (Poland). Note: they may have a Christmas backlog adding to delivery time.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Bought in Custom Cans (U.K.) :wink: I will let you know if there is some kind of different in listening :wink:
Ultra-low capacitance cable with Cardas HSPC (HD580, HD600, HD6xx, HD650, HD660)
Connectors Length
3 Meters Jack Type 6.35mm (1/4") Straight Jack Colour 1 Navy BlueColour 2 Turquoise

Dec 22, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Bought in Custom Cans (U.K.) :wink: I will let you know if there is some kind of different in listening :wink:
Ultra-low capacitance cable with Cardas HSPC (HD580, HD600, HD6xx, HD650, HD660)
Connectors Length
3 Meters Jack Type 6.35mm (1/4") Straight Jack Colour 1 Navy BlueColour 2 Turquoise
I own a set of HD600s, not HD660s, with modifications by Custom Cans and with their ultra-low capacitance cables. The cables are tremendous: music has real clarity and force. I’d be surprised if you did not like your cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back