Sennheiser 650 old vs new packaging, any difference?
Dec 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TeddyShot

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a 650 two days ago and it arrived today. I got the one with the old packaging but I've been noticing that Sennheiser recently updated their packaging recently. Has anyone tested to see if there is any difference on the headphone itself? By that I mean build and sound quality?

The one that arrived to my house today:
The new packaging

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 9
I have heard no complaints where the new or older packaging is concerned.  There have been at least 2 versions of the HD 650, but that is very, very old and historical news today.

I'd be happy getting the old, as both the HD 650's came in it and were great.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 9
The packaging was definitely due an update to be in line with all the other packaging - I'm sure the headphones are untouched.

Sennheiser has changed the sound in the past while stating that there was no change. Until someone does a thorough comparison, we won't know if their's a difference in the headphone.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 9
Sennheiser has changed the sound in the past while stating that there was no change. Until someone does a thorough comparison, we won't know if their's a difference in the headphone.

Buy yourself another pair with the newer packaging and report back. My money's on there being absolutely no difference at all.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 9
Buy yourself another pair with the newer packaging and report back. My money's on there being absolutely no difference at all.

I may do that. Though I do find it strange I recieved the older packaging despite Sennheiser changing the layout over a month ago, B&H is a major retailer in audio products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back